Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming.

Enthusiast

Global Warming.

I expect there has been a topic about this before, but I feel it is so important that it needs to be posted.
    Anyway, what do you personally think the outcome of global warming is going to be?
    We know that the icecaps will melt, causing the sea level to rise by about 5 metres. Now that's a helluva lot, as you think (I don't know about this for America or Australia or Finland or whatever) that the whole of Norfolk and London in England will be flooded.
    Anyway, will the world get colder or hotter?
    How will humans adapt?

Say your thoughts here.
    keep shtum.

Yes, if you just scrolled down a bit you'd see this thread: http://www.forums.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=8362

Anyway. I believe that global warming will eventually be controlled, but the damage done would be too extensive to be repaired, so the climate would always be hotter. We'd probably all have darker skin too. :P
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Quote Originally Posted by Xmpt
    Eh, I really don't believe it will happen. Much talk around my school about it, but I stand corrected.
    ??
    That post doesn't make any sense at all. You don't believe in it, but since your classmates talk about it, you stand corrected?
    ??

Anyway, I think the Earth is going to enter another Ice Age, but it will most likely happen in a few centuries, at the least.

If it does happen in the next couple decades, I will move to Ecuador, conquer the government with my trusty allies in Japan, (all this after I build a revolutionary force in America in the hopes of starting Civil War 2 over the issue of abortion), and then move myself and a fe of the suvivors into the most impervious bio-dome in existance. Then I will make a contract with the entire Mexican workforce to paint the land within 10 degrees of the equator, north and south, black. Plants will die, of course, but when the ice age ends one thousand years later( sped up due to the black land absorbing so much heat from the sun), my imperial descendants and their peons will open the dome and spread life across the planet again.
    THE END

I think I'm gonna put that up on my blog.....
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. ~Mark Twain

Click the animation above to visit.

Enthusiast
    I think its happening, and its coming down pretty hard.. "Normally", here in Finland, we should have snow on ground already, but, nowadays, its +10-15 here..
    So yep, its happening..

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmpt
    Eh, I really don't believe it will happen. Much talk around my school about it, but I stand corrected.
    Now that is just stupid. You wait 10 years and say that again. I rest my case.
    keep shtum.

They're not taking the piss out of your opinion. They're taking the piss because you're only believing something because the rest of your class do. And I'd have to agree with them. Do you have no mind of your own? : ( Maybe you phrased it wrong or something. Not trying to start an argument here or anything, but you shouldn't listen to other people. At all. :P
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Dedicated Member
    Well im seeing results of globalwarming, Snow! In october is amazing considdering we have atleast a month or to from annual snow fall. but yea ice caps melt it distupts the current between the casp and warmer caribean area and since the north wont get warm water to the north it will get cold

614th post on 2/24 2:14

Fanatic Enthusiast

I believe this. I just not sure if it will come here in my country.

This thing is crazy, is this really gonna materialize? Man this shit is crazy, rattling.
    Click here
    Go and check him out.

Enthusiast
    I think in a few more decades there will be no spring and fall. Just 2 long seasons of a mild winter and mild summer.

Ultimate Flash Tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd9824
    It wont end like that! read the bible
    And it wont end like that either. Read a brief history of time.

i honestly don't care
    the world is in enough crap and war and stuff, its gonna end naturally or by war.
    mind u, all we need right now is the world ending.
    but ill be dead by the time anything happens.
    live fast die young.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast