Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Dedicated Member

was jesus the first mindndfreak ?

is it possible that jesus christ was just an ordinairy human being, could he of just been a very intelelligent magician? if this is true it would of been recorded that he had super powers (aka the bible) and the people that worship him today may just be worshiping some crazy illusionist.

Veteran Enthusiast

I doubt it, in those times they won't of had any of the technology that man has today to help them do these kind of tricks. Such as leprasy he healed those and there is no cure for it. How can you reattach a severed ear with the touch of your hand? its all impossible in those times. But nowadays it is possible seen as we have plastics and other materials to look and feel like skin to trick the mind.
    Thats just my opinion though.

...........[img]http://**********.com/img/1215620802.jpg[/img]
    LAZYTOWN FOR THE WIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlucario
    Um... Can you please stop calling Kankuro a clown? It's hurting my feelings

Fanatic Enthusiast

He could have been, he could have had his own people petend to have leporacy and then heal them, although very, very unlikely. Like how would he have healed the blind man, who was blind from birth, and sat there by the gates every day, day after day, for fourty years I think, even before Jesus was born. But I don't know maybe if they got someone just like him to play the part. But again very, very unlikly.

I still believe that Jesus is the son of God and that the Bible is truth.
    So it just has to be acepted by faith, either way, wether you believe that he was fake, or wether you believe that he is God. Both take faith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU. THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU.

I completely agree with you! There's nothing to prove he wasn't simply swaying people's beliefs with simple magic tricks and giving them promises of immortality. In fact, that's probably exactly what he did, imo.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Sam
    Dedicated Member

Now i think calling him a "freak" is a lil overboard, most Christians would get offended.

I do think its possible his so called miracles could have been simple illusionist tricks, but there's no doubt that he was a great charismatic speaker. There's no way in hell he couldve influenced so many people just with tricks. Just look at Hitler.

Enthusiast
    aye (thx bahamut =D)
    christans would get offended, but i think he was just some really nice guy and maybe the blind guy had a fly in his eye or something (lol)
    but i doubt he was 'the son of god'

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    Now i think calling him a "freak" is a lil overboard, most Christians would get offended.

I do think its possible his so called miracles could have been simple illusionist tricks, but there's no doubt that he was a great charismatic speaker. There's no way in hell he couldve influenced so many people just with tricks. Just look at Hitler.
    the freak was for "mindfreak" amd what im saying is this was like 2000 years ago, i mean people would belive anything and im saying he might of benn the first to create magic and understand it

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut
    I completely agree with you! There's nothing to prove he wasn't simply swaying people's beliefs with simple magic tricks and giving them promises of immortality. In fact, that's probably exactly what he did, imo.
    That's true. This thread may become a religion war but I'm sure we can agree to disagree.
    Now that idea may be true. There isn't any real proof that anything about jesus is true. Except one day someone appeared with a big ol' book full of magic tricks. Apparently they just found a "Gospel Of Judas" which sounds like crap.