Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

I really don't get what we're supposed to discuss. It looks to me like you're just giving us a maths lesson on how numbers are divided into 100... lol.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Fanatic Enthusiast

"if you switch" what?

if you can open all the doors in any order that makes it a 100% chance
    Elite Forgotten

Dedicated Member
    Your logic is horribly askew.

1) If you choose a door yes, you do have a 33% chance to getting the money.
    2)After that, assuming you still get to open a door, the chances are 50/50 because one door has been eliminated from the options. It would only return to 33% if another door were to be added. But then, The money would obviously not be behind that door, as it wasn't a previous option, so where as it is a mathematical 33% it is still a logical 50% (yes I realize you didn't say anything about that)

Of course there is also a possibility that it isn't a 33% chance the money is be hind one of the door, but a 33% chance that there is actually oney behind said doors. (<- If I were a gameshow host I would use this logic to kick people's asses, and if they tried to sue me I would clearly state that I said there was a 33% chance the money is behind these doors.)

I don't think this is even a discussion topic. So either movee this thread to Other Stuff, or Lock it.
    =Those inflatable globes are dangerous, sent several people to hospital with one. Just another proof that RE is not only wrong, but deadly!
    Another victory for FE!
    EARTH IS FLAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Baha
    Baha: I'm actually proud of this post. 100% pure, awesome philosophy post quality. Carry on.
    Oh ya I'm loved...Too bad it isn't the philosophy forum anymore.

When u choose 1 of the 3 doors having a 1/3 chance of choosing the right one, u have a higher chance if u switch ur choice after one is revealed because:
    when u make your first decision u have a1/3 chance, but u also have a 2/3 chance of not choosing the right one, now when u have the oppotuniy to switch there is 1 right and 1 rong, so when u r in this situation teh way it works is if u switch u have a 2 out of 3 chance of getting it right because if u chose a rong one in teh beginning (2/3 chence) the door u then recieve will be the one with the money but if u chose the right one (1/3 chance) in teh beginning u would recieve a door without teh money.

Now thats's alot of explaining, should be right =D
    Don't underestimate teh n00b's =]

My Animation Thread, Visiting may give you incredible powers!
    http://forums.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.p ... 94&start=0