Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Dedicated Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    looking at several different erotica sites lol
    Posts
    559

    What would it be like to be able to breath in water?

    think about it, i mean, we breath 78% nitrogen and 21% oxygen, 1% = carbon dioxide and all the other crap. but what would happen if we could breath in water? what would it feel like? Because, when we breath in air, we don't feel anything. but water... how would it feel; for humans to be able to do such things. The feel of the way we'd have to breath, thoughts?
    Mankind must end war, or war will end mankind.
    BTW CHECK OUT MAI FLASH THREAD!
    CLICK ON Meh!!!

  2. #2
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Nouvelle-╔cosse
    Posts
    2,343
    It feels pretty cool actually. Its kinda refreshing they way the water washes through your gills.

    Ultimate Flash Tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd9824
    It wont end like that! read the bible
    And it wont end like that either. Read a brief history of time.

  3. #3
    Veteran Enthusiast


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Dorset, England
    Posts
    6,792

    Re: What would it be like to be able to breath in water?

    Quote Originally Posted by omfgclown
    think about it, i mean, we breath 78% nitrogen and 21% oxygen, 1% = carbon dioxide and all the other crap. but what would happen if we could breath in water? what would it feel like? Because, when we breath in air, we don't feel anything. but water... how would it feel; for humans to be able to do such things. The feel of the way we'd have to breath, thoughts?
    i don't have a clue where you got that from, a human needs just pure air to go into his lungs. It is not possible for us to take in anything else. If you have liquid in the lungs, we normally cough it up. Why do you think people drown? because they can't breathe.

    Fish can breath underwater because they take the water in through their gills and then they absorb the oxygen then they let the water run out again. Thats how they breath basically. ITs basic facts


    ...........[img]http://**********.com/img/1215620802.jpg[/img]
    LAZYTOWN FOR THE WIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlucario
    Um... Can you please stop calling Kankuro a clown? It's hurting my feelings

  4. #4
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Nouvelle-╔cosse
    Posts
    2,323

    Re: What would it be like to be able to breath in water?

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness2_1
    Quote Originally Posted by omfgclown
    think about it, i mean, we breath 78% nitrogen and 21% oxygen, 1% = carbon dioxide and all the other crap. but what would happen if we could breath in water? what would it feel like? Because, when we breath in air, we don't feel anything. but water... how would it feel; for humans to be able to do such things. The feel of the way we'd have to breath, thoughts?
    i don't have a clue where you got that from, a human needs just pure air to go into his lungs. It is not possible for us to take in anything else. If you have liquid in the lungs, we normally cough it up. Why do you think people drown? because they can't breathe.

    Fish can breath underwater because they take the water in through their gills and then they absorb the oxygen then they let the water run out again. Thats how they breath basically. ITs basic facts
    Yep, exactly. it'd feel like normal breathing if people had gills or something of the like.

    [add me @ jjknox@gmail.com]

  5. #5
    Dedicated Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    looking at several different erotica sites lol
    Posts
    559
    i'm just saying... what if we had gills and we could breathe underwater? that's what i meant. How would it feel. What would breathing in and out feel like? EDIT: but were breathing in AIR. we would think it would feel the same but... the water rushing through your gills, it would feel unnatural to us
    Mankind must end war, or war will end mankind.
    BTW CHECK OUT MAI FLASH THREAD!
    CLICK ON Meh!!!

  6. #6
    Fanatic Enthusiast Bari's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Syracuse, New York
    Posts
    3,745
    Hm...if we could breathe under water, then us Floridians would not drown when we walk around. Serioulsy though, breathing under water would be with gills, so we wouldnt be able to really "breath". I guess it might be cool...

  7. #7
    Fanatic Enthusiast Toastmaster's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,999
    I think the main thing that would be different is that you'd sink to the bottom and be able to walk around, that would be really cool.
    You'd probably have to work harder to breathe as well, since water's a lot thicker than air, you'd have to use more force to inhale and exhale it.

  8. #8
    Dedicated Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Look Left... Other Left!
    Posts
    647
    I'm gueesing it would just feel like water running through your hands. The gills extract the oxygen from the water so the respiratory functions would pretty much remain the same.
    =Those inflatable globes are dangerous, sent several people to hospital with one. Just another proof that RE is not only wrong, but deadly!
    Another victory for FE!
    EARTH IS FLAT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Baha
    Baha: I'm actually proud of this post. 100% pure, awesome philosophy post quality. Carry on.
    Oh ya I'm loved...Too bad it isn't the philosophy forum anymore.

  9. #9
    Fanatic Enthusiast


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Jˇzefˇw, Poland GMT +1
    Posts
    3,809
    We wouldn't even notice it because it's have been the way we always did it so we wouldn't even think about it. We might study it in school like we do the respiratory system. But I think that it would just seem like the norm and we wouldn't even care. We that's my opinion anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU. THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU.

  10. #10
    Devoted Veteran Darren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastmaster
    I think the main thing that would be different is that you'd sink to the bottom and be able to walk around, that would be really cool.
    You'd probably have to work harder to breathe as well, since water's a lot thicker than air, you'd have to use more force to inhale and exhale it.
    That's what I would of said. But, I reckon our life expectancy would be reduced heavily from having our bodies constantly under pressure, and having to use more force to breathe all the time. If that was the case, we'd probably just evolve into fish. :P
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •