Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Watch Maker, why "science" contradicts itself

Ignore the god message at the end to make this a more valid argument.

http://www.kids4truth.com/watchmaker/watch.html

And also, bari bang made a good point way back when that goes with this story,

Quote Originally Posted by B4R1 B4N6

That is a picture of an eye. Now to the point. One of the reasons that evolution is wrong in my opinion is because of Darwin's somethin or another law that everything that is created has to imediately benefit the organism to stay. I dont know all the details and stuff but that is the basic jist of the law. An eye needs all of the parts in that picture to properly work. And since parts of the eye were made slowly than there is no way the eye could exist. Say all of a sudden a puddle wanted to make an eye. So it goes and makes an iris. The iris cannot do anything unless it has all the other parts. Then the iris is useless without the other parts and is discarded. Darwin himself said that his whole theory of evolution would not work if body parts turned out to be more complex than science believed they were way back when.

On a second note, the theory of all the amino acids joining togethor into a life form in a puddle is bogus. If you dont believe me, go into your closet and take out your scrabble game. Now pick up the page of letters and drop all the letters on the floor. Did all the letters even right the simple sentence See Spot Run, or did the right everything. Now then, to have made life it would be the same circumstance, except instead of writing See Spot Run, they would be riding a 1000 page novel, with lttle margins, and tiny font, and uh other small stuff.
    Watch the whole thing. Made ofr kids, so it rhymes....
    I'm gay.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Re: The Watch Maker, why "science" contradicts its

Quote Originally Posted by .:HiGhLy:.
    Ignore the god message at the end to make this a more valid argument.

http://www.kids4truth.com/watchmaker/watch.html
    Watch the whole thing. Made ofr kids, so it rhymes....
    Great find! It showed about cells making themselves is a good and interesting way, I liked it. ))(* And it shows why evolution is so impossible, things just don't get better over time. The 2nd law of thermodynamics states that "The entropy of the universe tends to a maximum." In other words the disorder of the universe is increasing, and things are breaking down and becoming less organized. A watch breaks and needs fixing, not the other way around. In order for Evolution to be true the laws of the universe would have to turn 180░ around and state the very opposite of what they say now. So that's about all, I have to say. But I highly doubt that anyone here that believes in evolution is going to change his mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU. THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU.

As a Christian it was a little heart warming to watch, every other person on the Internet is a satanist or atheist who would fight you on your beliefs to the death to prove a point.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Mobuis
    As a Christian it was a little heart warming to watch, every other person on the Internet is a satanist or atheist who would fight you on your beliefs to the death to prove a point.
    Try not to make everyone mad at you. People generally don't like it when other people stereotype them. Like that every one that isn't a Christian, is an Atheist and will fight to "prove" that God doesn't exist. Not everyone who isn't a Christian even cares what everyone believes, and they won't argue anything because, they don't care what you believe just as long as you don't make them believe the same way. Do you understand what I'm saying? wa_)( Well some people might get offended by your remark.

I wasn't offended, but I'm sure some will be.
    I am also a Christian, so I also found it refreshing to watch.

Edit: Oh, also
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy rules
    - No posting of libels against anyone, any group, race, religion, sex, belief, breed of rabbit, etc. That's bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU. THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobuis
    Posts like that are punishable by a temporary ban. >_> You're on your first warning.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Fanatic Enthusiast

didnt watch it, but i read the stuff you quoted in the post
    first off, its only the human eye that needs all that shit to work.

insects' eyes are different than that.

also if you had a quadrillion-million-billion-zillion scrabble peices and dropped them on the floor, you could probably find the bible written cognitively if you looked long enough
    Elite Forgotten

Enthusiast
    If you believed anything from that movie you're either incredibly naive, an idiot, or both.
    Of course evolution is real, we see it all the time in everyday life. The only reason you don't see it is because its so slow, and because we as humans are so well placed on this earth that we don't have to evolve to survive.
    ( btw any one who disagrees with me should read this http://www.skepticreport.com/creationis ... lution.htm written by a Christian who doesn't let faith and beliefs get in the way of fact)
    We have the bones of creatures living millions of years ago that are the links between different forms of life. The bone exist that link us humans we our common ancestors that we share with other primates. In fact we have unearthed many civilizations that go back further than 10,000 years and predate Adam and Eve. And these discoveries actually exist and can be measured. We know them to be real.
    from http://www.churchofreality.org/wisdom/e ... _real.html

Another thing that pissed me off, as an atheist, is the fact that that movie was made for children. Children should be able to choose there path and not be forced into thinking mythology; Cause face it.
    Evolution is to Creationism as Reality is to Mythology.
    Next time do some research on what your church preaches before you defend it.

Ultimate Flash Tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd9824
    It wont end like that! read the bible
    And it wont end like that either. Read a brief history of time.

Quote Originally Posted by hamandcheese
    If you believed anything from that movie you're either incredibly naive, an idiot, a Christian, or all of the above.
    *sigh* could you rephrase that in the form of a non-offensive post to Christianity? Thanks.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

... wow, Er, could someone lock this, because I'm getting incredibly pissed off at peoples innability to properly argue. If your going to post comments that oppose my opinion, at least post ciable sources on why it isn't right, not that it isn't right. And ham, evolution is not science. The definition of science is the observation of something, and data based on that observation. We can't observe evolution, because it takes so long, and therefore it isn't fact. As far as we know, we only have evidence of natural selection, not evolution.
    I'm gay.

Enthusiast
    Evolution is happening right now. Farmers have been using evolution for thousands of years to breed new and better farm animals and crops. The corn we eat today is very different than the corn that was raised by the ancient Egyptians. Today's cattle are very different from cows a few hundred years ago. The difference is that farmers controlled the breading to select the best individuals and to cause them to reproduce instead of the inferior ones. We have taken control of evolution and used it to out benefit.
    http://www.churchofreality.org/wisdom/e ... _real.html

Therefor we can indeed observe evolution.

Also there are no reasons for anyone to believe that those links aren't viable.

Ultimate Flash Tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd9824
    It wont end like that! read the bible
    And it wont end like that either. Read a brief history of time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast