Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Death penealty

Dedicated Member

Death penealty

Hey this is a dicusson about the american DP. Do you think it should be aloud? In the U.S constution it said no Cruel and Unusal punishment, but isnt killing people for there crimes "cruel and unusal?" What are your views.

614th post on 2/24 2:14

"Everyone as the right to live" Killing someone for a punishment is low. Isn't true that someone will feel better if the criminal that killed his friend was killed. I'm speaking in general.

Enthusiast
    I'm in Canada so I can kill as many people as I want and all I get is life. It's that kind of security that makes me love this country.
    And no. I don't believe in the death penalty but I believe there should be exceptions.
    IE: Killing Eddy Murphy and perhaps blowing up a building with thousands of people in it.
    im lookin at you bush!

Ultimate Flash Tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd9824
    It wont end like that! read the bible
    And it wont end like that either. Read a brief history of time.

Dedicated Member
    Ok, Will i see your point but dosent the person who carriers out the DP commit murder and shouldent he be killed to make his family feel better.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by PiviotFreak
    Ok, Will i see your point but dosent the person who carriers out the DP commit murder and shouldent he be killed to make his family feel better.
    That would create an infinite chain of killings which would subsequently irradiate the world of any human population with the exception of 1 lucky bastard who would be alone on the earth with endless piles of dead hotties bodies and unattended flea markets free for looting.
    In other words it wouldn't work.

Also if there are going to be people put to death in this world I suggest doing it in ironic and funny situations.

Ultimate Flash Tutorial

The death penalty is GOOD for many reasons. I believe in the first known form of law, which was hammurabi's famous principle of "An eye for an eye". It is only ethical, that if you kill a man, or multiple men, that you be killed yourself. You have to be a stupid fuck to believe that shit is wrong. However, there are a few exceptions. If the person is SERIOUSLY mentally ill, then he cannot be held responsible, and should spend his life in a closely guarded mental facility. If it unnintentional (involuntary manslaughter), then you should only recieve 1 or 2 years in prison. If it is a crime of passion, then you should only get life in prison or less (20 years without parole or somewhat). However, if it is premeditated, cold blooded murder, the death penalty, all the way.
    I'm gay.

Dedicated Member
    Like i said if the eye for an eye thing is true than the exacutioner will need to be killed to fulfil this and his ecacutioner and so on. If you look at it its still murder even if a court says you can. I think its wrong to have a DP. Life is what is best option i belive but we all have our own belifes about this tho.

Enthusiast
    I personally think there are many alternatives to DP that could be considered far worse then a painless death.
    Also an eye for an eye is so old fashion and out dated that you can't possibly consider it.
    Should all rapist be sentenced to rape and torture?
    Should all arsonists have their house set a burn?
    If you steal something from someone should they be allowed to take something from you with equal value?
    Should someone who jerked off in public be force to watch a granny simulate masturbation?

Back when an eye for an eye was accepted people didn't know what the fuck they were doing. There are some traditions and laws that have to change with the times and this is one of them. Its out-dated and in-sane.

Also @ highly: To call everyone who doesn't believe in what you believe
    a stupid fuck
    Is arrogant and narrow minded. Shame!

Also there is always a chance for rehabilitation. You of all people highly, being how religious you are, I would have expected you to go the path of forgiveness and not immediate death.

Ultimate Flash Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by hamandcheese
    I personally think there are many alternatives to DP that could be considered far worse then a painless death.
    Also an eye for an eye is so old fashion and out dated that you can't possibly consider it.
    Should all rapist be sentenced to rape and torture?
    Should all arsonists have their house set a burn?
    If you steal something from someone should they be allowed to take something from you with equal value?
    Should someone who jerked off in public be force to watch a granny simulate masturbation?

Back when an eye for an eye was accepted people didn't know what the fuck they were doing. There are some traditions and laws that have to change with the times and this is one of them. Its out-dated and in-sane.

Also @ highly: To call everyone who doesn't believe in what you believe
    a stupid fuck
    Is arrogant and narrow minded. *Shame!

Also there is always a chance for rehabilitation. You of all people highly, being how religious you are, I would have expected you to go the path of forgiveness and not immediate death.
    your point is invalid. My point is that every crime under death has a penalty of a certain time in jail, and cold blooded murder is punishable by death. And about my religion. I believe cold blooded murder is one of the two unforgivable sins, and is completely wrong in every way, shape, and form. If a person is mentally unstable, and committed the crime out of passion, rehabilitaion is an option. There have been many stories of this being successful. Now, dumbfuck texans use the death penalty on people who commit manslaughter, or the least degree of murder, an act of passion. The first women to have the DP used on her committed a crime of passion, and in her years in prison, completely turned around to faith in god. She even used memorized scriptures in court, and swore to devote her life to taking back what she did in that act. Killing her was wrong. The death penalty can be used for bad causes, and in those cases is wrong.

*I can say what I believe, even if it is arrogant and narrowminded. If it offends you sooo much, then just ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by PiviotFreak
    Like i said if the eye for an eye thing is true than the exacutioner will need to be killed to fulfil this and his ecacutioner and so on. If you look at it its still murder even if a court says you can. I think its wrong to have a DP. Life is what is best option i belive but we all have our own belifes about this tho.
    First of all, spell right. Second of all, your point thus far isn't making much sense. A person who is sent to do an excecution is doing his/her job. It is supported by law, and not wrong. That's just like saying a soldier is a murderer(without commiting war crimes). Also, life is an option. I agree with you. You have the option to be a shit hobo, and die of exposure. You have the option to try hard to be a success in your life, and achieve your goal. And, you have a choice in your life to kill people. All choices come with a consequence. If you plan and murder someone, you chose that, and you should be rightly punished for that.
    I'm gay.

Enthusiast
    ~When Canada abolished the death penalty there was no instant increase in crime.
    ~The time in death row leading up to a execution can sometimes last for decades and is cruel and unusual and is classified under torture, and violation of basic human rights.
    ~There have been many of cases of innocent people being executed by way of wrongfully convicted.
    ~''No one has ever been able to demonstrate statistically that killing murderers deters others.''
    ~Capital punishment goes against our most basic human right. The right to live.
    ~Lethal injection has been proven to provoke excruciating pain in some victims.

Capital punishment is a barbarous survival from a less enlightened and refined age; it is incongruous and incompatible with our present standard of civilization and humanity. It has been abolished by many states and countries, and we must look forward to the day when the other governments will follow suit.

Highly please make sure to read the following closely.

Capital punishment is tantamount to a repudiation of the divine nature of man. On what principles of religion or philosophy can we justify the policy of depriving a human being like ourselves of all possibility of reform? If we profess to revere a God of mercy and justice, and if we ourselves supplicate and rely on that divine mercy and justice, how can we reconcile it with our duty, as men created in the divine image, to dismiss thus roughly a fellow human being from our midst and send him into the presence of the Deity whom we have outraged? Surely it is our duty and our privilege to be the agents of divine justice and mercy, and to exert to the utmost our god-given powers in the endeavor to assist our fallen brother to his feet.
    from link

~''Self-defense and just wars are cited as cases of morally justified killing.'' And thats all.
    ~''Capital punishment is unjust because killing is irreversible''
    ~In the bible it says 'life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand' People must be reminded that the bible was written ages ago and does not apply to todays way of life. Also the death penalty is a mater that should not be effected by religious beliefs
    ~It's completely immoral and unconstitutional.

Ultimate Flash Tutorial

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast