Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

My theory of time travel not existing(maye not my theory)

Yes, I was thinking about time travel a few days a go in my brothers car, When i came up with my conclusion. I call it "the infinite body paradox"

Say i scratch my knee and go back in time to save myself from doing so, Once i got there i would then find my future self saving myself from scratching my knee And then and infinite amount of the future me would also be there trying to save me from scratching my knee. And since you cannot have an infinite body of matter at the same place(i think) then it would be impossible.

But i think this paradox has been stated before, i don't know.

An further more, The amount of energy needed to project a body of matter to or past the speed of light is a ludicrous amount, Which would be required as time slows when you get close to the speed of light, according to Einstein.
    [center:2n8115hn][/center:2n8115hn]

so what's you are saying is that you will be keep finding infinity blizardstics??? sound a bit weird to me....

Cred: Blunk <3, Flared <3, Pistol <3, Fraz <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Braidon
    braidon | OOOH, pretty colours says:
    like you've neva pee'd your cat off perposely
    My NEW Thread-Courtesy?

I don't get that part of "time travel" either. In every story of time travel, you somehow make a clone of yourself.

*snaps out of it* Oh yeah, time travel is impossible. Something to do with maths... headaches, lol.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

I wouldn't say that time travel is impossible....no defenetly! Possible but not propable...All i needed to learn about life, i learned it from Spongebob Squarepants! (sorry i just had to say that!)

Cred: Blunk <3, Flared <3, Pistol <3, Fraz <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Braidon
    braidon | OOOH, pretty colours says:
    like you've neva pee'd your cat off perposely
    My NEW Thread-Courtesy?

Enthusiast
    what im saying is, that since i went back to save myself in time, I changed the past to make myself exist there. And since a copy of me is already in the past, Once i decide to go to the past to help myself there will be the copy of me and me, Except I will now be copy 2. And so on and so forth, so when i travel back there will be a infinity amount of me's. Maybe this picture i drew will help.
    sorry if this is confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagge
    I wouldn't say that time travel is impossible....no defenetly! Possible but not propable...All i needed to learn about life, i learned it from Spongebob Squarepants! (sorry i just had to say that!)
    It would indeed be impossible for this same reason i just explained. For once you go to the past, your future self will already be there.

Dedicated Member
    I was once told that time travel is proven impossible because why are people from the future not coming to us now, but my idea is that in the future scientests amd the government might be in control of time travel and they might be able to go back and change history and keep it all secret and the past would actually be the future(if you understand what i mean ) and this whole idea could mean that you never know who around you is really from your time and not from the future and the goverenment would keep the whole thing top secret.

Enthusiast
    If you look at it that way, maybe time travel was discovered so far in the future that when we see 'alien encounters' or UFOs we are really seeing what us.

Also to go back in time, you would have to go faster then the speed of light, which is about as possible as a Cat learning to speak English fluently and clearly.

Edit: Oh fuck, http://www.forums.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=12580

Ultimate Flash Tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd9824
    It wont end like that! read the bible
    And it wont end like that either. Read a brief history of time.

I think time travel would be impossible, because then there would have to be more than one "time". Because, i you go back to past and do some miriacle in there, it wouldn't even happen in future, because you saved (lets say you saved Titanic from sinking) many people. Then in future again, you would have no reason to go back in past, because Titanic never sinked!

Complicated, huh?
    [center:s0gvfw74][/center:s0gvfw74]

Enthusiast
    I actually think thats less complicated than mine is. But still a great paradox. In fact thats a amazing paradox I should write that one down.

Enthusiast
    What if you went back in time just out of fascination and accidentally stopped the titanic from sinking. It would be ridiculously cruel to have the technology to travel back in time and not be able to use it on something sincere.

Questions to ask:
    What about traveling forward in time?
    If you did change the past would anyone notice the change or would it be instant and all our memories would be changed etc because we technically experienced the change.
    What would happen if the government developed a time machine. Would they license it out after proper applications stating your reason and if it was possible to do etc. Would home time machines be out lawed or just monitored?

Ultimate Flash Tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd9824
    It wont end like that! read the bible
    And it wont end like that either. Read a brief history of time.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast