Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Think about nothing.

This isn't exactly philosophy, but have you ever tried to think about nothing. It is really really really hard to do, in fact, almost impossible.

When you try to think of nothing, black usually comes to mind, but you are still thinking about black, and not nothing. Every time you try to relax, you will start thinking of something. I hope you kinda understand what I am saying.

Yeah.
    I know what you mean.
    One day in bus i tried to think nothing but i didnt get it.
    All that was in my mind was bus because i was in it.
    So yeah its hard to think nothing.
    "That's how I party, that's how I party.."

Fanatic Enthusiast

Yes, it is I think about that when every they say in comics, "clear your mind" or something to that extent.
    The only time I can think about nothing is when I'm sleeping, but even them I'm not really thinking about nothing, I'm thinking about what has happened in the last couple of days, or what I've been thinking about the last couple of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU. THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU.

Dedicated Member
    It is impossible to think of 'nothing', because technically no one knows what 'nothing' is, thus we are unable to comprehend it. Like you said, most people who try to think of nothing usually get black in their minds, but that is a colour (or lack of colours, whatever)

Thats my view anyway

Enthusiast
    if you can think of nothing, than in eastern religions, you've just achieved enlightenment. Which in itself states how unimaginably hard it is.
    [center:2n8115hn][/center:2n8115hn]

I can't think of *nothing*, but I think of hundreds of different things and don't focus on any one thing. So, that's kind of it. :P
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

hehe

i tryed.. and you have like 200000s voices in your brain.. telling you stuf.. like youl be thinking in your like 1000 voice in your head that your trying to not talk.. you might be able to stop 1000 voices in your head but its imposible for the other 2000

- thats just like a example.- theres really only like 4 or 5 voices in your head at a time max

i certainly can do it however i really cant explain how i do to think in nothing, its hard and thats for sure, if i try to think nothing usually i start to say stupid and senceless words on my mind

Dedicated Member
    Weird you mencion that as i was just trying to do that this morning. i suppose you're thinking about nothing when your not thinking about thinking right? well that is really hard to explain.
    My thread - Courtesy

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse
    Weird you mencion that as i was just trying to do that this morning. i suppose you're thinking about nothing when your not thinking about thinking right? well that is really hard to explain.
    I can see what you mean there, but sub-consciously (did I spell that right) you are always thinking. Your brain is always thinking about breathing, pumping blood around the body etc.

Whatever you think 'nothing' is, you will always have an image of either black or grey or white or whatever. And they are 'something'.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast