Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enthusiast

DD Fight Game [Wayy In The Beginning Process]

What I want to accomplish:
    A working, 2 player fighting game. With people from DD (Mainly Admins) fighting each other. A select your character screen, different arenas, etc.

Update 1: March 11
    http://www.filecram.com/swf/12710.htm
    It's a start. There's a few thing I'm trying to fix/figure out. I've been reading up on some tutorials, and asking a few people for help. Obviously I've just started, but I'm motivated

Update 2: March 11
    http://www.filecram.com/swf/11444.htm
    I've fixed/added a few things. Pretty soon I wanna get character selection in there, which will take a while.
    Arrows=Move
    Enter=Punch
    He now knows direction!

Update 3: March 11
    http://www.filecram.com/swf/12858.htm
    Ok so not too much of an update. He can face both ways and punch both ways now though! I need to make him move when he punches though. For some reason I took that out. Up+Enter=Uppercut.
    The Uppercut is still in the making. The animation is bad, and he can only do it to the right for now. I'll keep you guy updated though. I might not be doing much more for tonight though. Unless I can figure out this gravity shit >_<

Update 4: March 14
    http://www.filecram.com/swf/12673.htm
    Omg running looks good now. He isn't walking like he was recently hit by a truck. He can uppercut to both sides, he only moves when he uppercuts to the right. And it's not an uppercut anymore, just a highpunch. I might change it to a highkick. Still no jump, that'll be the last movement thing. Added Crouch. Down=Crouch. I wanted him to uncrouch when you let go of down, but that's still not workin' yet.

I also have another minigame sort of thing going on. It's not so great so far, but now I can officially make something follow my mouse with a more efficient code than most tutorials used to give me! And I can use like x and y coordinates n shit.
    So, link: http://www.filecram.com/swf/12713.htm I'm mainly gonna be working on the fighter, as I have no idea how the hell to do a shooting game. *Learning*
    I included the crappy graphic and the updated one to show you that I like to make sure things work before I make them look pretty

And if anyone who's quite good at AS wants to mentor me, as you see I can get the drift of the code, so it wouldn't be too hard to teach me.

Animations - Do not Click Me - And Me Neither
    You have good sight, or good ctrl+c, ctrl+v skills. Also your computer might be set to %500 magnification.

Fanatic Enthusiast

LOLNIEC.

..but I can't do anything special, just.. walk and when he walks, he walks like a chick with 1, 00000000000000 problems, haha :P but it looks cool so far.
    Click here
    Go and check him out.

Enthusiast
    lol its cool so far but how come he can only punch to the right?
    credz to: TSU, Jon, frozen fire and sir wojak (PM me if i use your stks
    <3 List
    Tsuchinoko
    flamingwolf

Enthusiast

Lol, yea. Great idea on it. but Like DefeningFlame said. How come you could only punch right.....

Enthusiast

It's not done yet, duhr. I'm updating it shortly, with punching left or right. And an uppercut, which only goes to the right for now >_>

I'm going to change the retard walk animation to a normal-guy run animation and he'll go faster.

After I finish all of his fight stuff i'll see if I can add gravity, and make it possible for him to fall off of the platform. After I get all da physics and shizits done I'll start making more characters. Which will be a shitlong process. So stay tuned.

You have good sight, or good ctrl+c, ctrl+v skills. Also your computer might be set to %500 magnification.

Devoted Veteran

It's picking up. As one of the final additions you should make a character creation option. Hehe I wanna kick Baha's ass.

Cheeser: Oh jesus. A character creation option? I dunt think so : D It's hell enough making one base character.

Quote Originally Posted by -.-
    It's picking up. As one of the final additions you should make a character creation option. Hehe I wanna kick Baha's ass.

Cheeser: Oh jesus. A character creation option? I dunt think so : D It's hell enough making one base character.
    Making a character creation type thing is easy. I ripped it off of the amdness combat source a while back, and it's just a simple dynamic movie clip code, which attaches the movie clip to the character, and allows the clip to be changed (so you could add a hat, a body thing, and such, without having to do extra animation).

Anyways, the game looks cool. If oyu want any help with sprites or coding, I'm the neighboorhood flash guy.
    I'm gay.

Fanatic Enthusiast ShadowS1ay3r's Avatar

.......................lol Awesomeness: Alot
    update 3 is not working for me ):
    Ohay.

Enthusiast

Dunno why, Update numba 4 commencing.
    Also includes some other smaller, gayer project I'm working on here and there.
    BIg tests for math soon, so no more work on the games 'til this weekend probably.

Here is uncruch idea

I suppose that your crouch thing is:
    Code:
    if (Key.isDown(Key.DOWN)) {
    		_root.mc.gotoandplay(whatever);
    	}
    What you could do is using the "!" the ! is actually a boolean that reverse true to false and false to true.
    so you could add this:
    Code:
    else if (!Key.isDown(Key.DOWN)) {
    		_root.mc.gotoandplay(stand up position);
    	}
    This is a choppy way to uncrouch
    Explain: the if statements only work if the condition = true.
    But because of the "!" it will check if it's false(meaning unpress)

Not finish, This code can make problem to your walking.
    I didn't test it, but you might try:
    Code:
    if (Key.isDown(Key.DOWN)) {
    		_root.mc.gotoandplay(whatever);
    if (!Key.isDown(Key.DOWN)) {
    		_root.mc.gotoandplay(stand up position);
    	}
    	}
    Update: I tested it. It actually doesn't work if both is the same key.
    You might try:
    double clicking on mc, go to where he crouch and add this on frame:
    Code:
    onEnterFrame = function(){
    if(!Key.IsDown(Key.DOWN)){
    //action here } 
    }
    Tested it and it should work:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast