Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Old Newbie

StickGuns Hover Stix COMPLETE*

This is my first flash game so be nice please!

SG Hover Stix

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233 ... 1180193303

Play as Lil Sticky in a cool game where he buys a hoverboard and decides to take it for a spin in the sky when all of a sudden blue stks come out of nowhere chasing him down to kill him!
    So he must protect himself with his hoverboard which he just noticed has a laser turret on the front and back of his board.

And thats where you take over!

I'll try to be nice.
    It sucked.
    First of all the play button wasn't working, when you die you can't reset.
    The graphics are horrible.
    Either you were too lazy to complete it or it is a big piece of crap.

Now, to succeed in a great game. Don't make a public game when your actionscript is limited. Learn about variables, arrays, duplicating movieclips. Etc..
    Because with that you can make a game without copying a script from the internet.

Take your time drawing, a good game needs descent graphics and a engine that is close to perfection. If you need to ask someone for graphics, then it might be better that way.

Edit: Oh my bad, there is a reset button. Guess it was a glitch.
    And the playbutton now magically work.

Now I know what is missing: A preloader.

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Ya.. Wil covered it.. Play doesn't work until load, which you need to let people know >. >

The graphics were bad and I hated the sound effects.

The guy moved to slowly to... but compared to me, you know more about this =(

Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil
    I'll try to be nice.
    It sucked.
    First of all the play button wasn't working, when you die you can't reset.
    The graphics are horrible.
    Either you were too lazy to complete it or it is a big piece of crap.

Now, to succeed in a great game. Don't make a public game when your actionscript is limited. Learn about variables, arrays, duplicating movieclips. Etc..
    Because with that you can make a game without copying a script from the internet.

Take your time drawing, a good game needs descent graphics and a engine that is close to perfection. If you need to ask someone for graphics, then it might be better that way.

Edit: Oh my bad, there is a reset button. Guess it was a glitch.
    And the playbutton now magically work.

Now I know what is missing: A preloader.
    Well i guess i should still work on the enemies animation still huh?....

Old Newbie

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Okay.. I still hate the sound effects, but that's fine...

The worse element is that once all the enemies are dead, you are left in an empty field with nothing to do unless you refresh.

The preloader has a play option, then you need another play option... put them together..

The AI are horrible... maybe make them come out of both sides of the screen and make it harder? Like add multiple levels, where they get harder and is more of them..

Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev

The worse element is that once all the enemies are dead, you are left in an empty field with nothing to do unless you refresh.

The preloader has a play option, then you need another play option... put them together..

The AI are horrible... maybe make them come out of both sides of the screen and make it harder? Like add multiple levels, where they get harder and is more of them..
    Can you stop bitching about this stuff...im fixing it right now but u probably would be bitching about it being to hard for you cuz u want very smart AI on my first game which i might screw the ai up and make u die instantly...

And im adding multiple levels.

Quote Originally Posted by zooloo75
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev

Can you stop bitching about this stuff...im fixing it right now but u probably would be bitching about it being to hard for you cuz u want very smart AI on my first game which i might screw the ai up and make u die instantly...

And im adding multiple levels.
    Bitching? hes giving constructive criticism, why not try and use some decent english so we have a vague idea of what your saying.

It goes to slow, the enemies go faster than the player when I play the game. Your getting their. Try seperating each part, like practice making the hero for about, well, 15 minutes. It takes alot of time to make a perfect game, but nothing is perfect. That's how pthe people who made the games like God Wars, God Wars 2, and more. I'd say, listen to Wil's advice. He explained it well.
    hi.

One more thing.
    There is no point playing the game if there is no goal.
    I mean is there any levels? Boss? Hi score?