Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Start of... a game

It's like an "action shooter" game. You can walk so far, and shoot. Of the drop down menu, I have only coded the quality buttons fully, and there isn't sound yet. Only one enemy has been placed for the moment, and score is added for killing enemies. I added artificial intelligence, so it slows goes toward you. Comments are appreciated.

Play demo

Need to work on -
    More functionality of the dropdown menu
    Levels / multiple enemies
    Sounds
    Graphics

What else?

I'm dead because he touched my gun!
    Wtf is this game.
    Try to add a more realistic hittest.

Roy
    Enthusiast

There already is a game like this;
    http://www.poisongames.com/play.php?game=74
    Um..... Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by royster
    Um..... Yeah.
    We fucking don't care.
    He is free to make whatever game he wants.

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Wil
    Quote Originally Posted by royster
    Um..... Yeah.
    We fucking don't care.
    He is free to make whatever game he wants.
    Never saw that once Royster... don't blame me that there is no room for originality in gaming anymore >.>

And ya, I realize that Wil, but I don't really know how to make it that it only hurts when touching the body (it hurts when the muzzle flash hits him >.>). My old way, I couldn't add walls without the entire thing screwing up. And you never helped me when I asked, so I learn what I can from tutorials.

Veteran Enthusiast

Maybe give the body its own little name thing and the gun another. So then you can say when it hits the body it takes damage. Also if you wanted i could always try and help with Graphics if you want and get any further.

...........[img]http://**********.com/img/1215620802.jpg[/img]
    LAZYTOWN FOR THE WIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlucario
    Um... Can you please stop calling Kankuro a clown? It's hurting my feelings

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Okay, my problem was that I had the gun and the character as two different movie clips, but the gun would mess up whenever I hit a wall. I then went into one movie clip, but he got hurt when the enemy touched the gun. So now, I set it so neither of these happen. The fixed demo is above, or you can click here.

I appreciate any help that is offered, but for the moment being, I don't care for graphics.

- Question -
    Well, I have the hitTest code for the enemy in my bullet, but I want it in the enemy using .this... the only problem, is when I do that... all the code messes up. Is there a way for me to get the enemy with the code, so I don't have to add more code each time I install another enemy.

- Slight problem -
    The enemy dies when my shot is close to it, but not touching.... Any chance there is some sort of way I can make it so it has to be a direct hit.

how do u make games? what software? and is it free?
    Quote Originally Posted by PyryNiklas
    I shot myself in the balls to make my friend happy.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by Nev
    I appreciate any help that is offered, but for the moment being, I don't care for graphics.

- Question -
    Well, I have the hitTest code for the enemy in my bullet, but I want it in the enemy using .this... the only problem, is when I do that... all the code messes up. Is there a way for me to get the enemy with the code, so I don't have to add more code each time I install another enemy.

- Slight problem -
    The enemy dies when my shot is close to it, but not touching.... Any chance there is some sort of way I can make it so it has to be a direct hit.
    You want the enemy to shoot bullet?

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Wil
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev

- Question -

- Slight problem -
    You want the enemy to shoot bullet?
    No, but I can't program it so when the bullet hits the enemy, the enemy dies when i put the hitTest code in the enemy's actionscript (I figured putting it there would reduce the amount of code needed).

And pivotpro, it's made with flash and actionscript, the trial is free from http://www.adobe.com, but that's 30 days.. the full version is expensive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast