Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Simple RPG Battle Tutorial

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/428051

Yea, my first ever tutorial. I know that the animation sucks, and it seems pointless with no music. But I think I did good on my first. Please comment, rate, and the most important, VIEW.
    hi.

Re: Simple RPG Battle Tutorial

Helped quite a lot. Not really an RPG tutorial though is it?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobster
    Helped quite a lot. Not really an RPG tutorial though is it?
    It's just the battle. I guess I can make a REAL RPG one with the Battle system. But that's alittle hard
    hi.

It Would Have Been A Bit Better If The Codes Where Bigger. It Is Near By Impossible to see them...
    Sway bought me VIP a few years back. Respect.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrren
    It Would Have Been A Bit Better If The Codes Where Bigger. It Is Near By Impossible to see them...
    Alot of tutorials have the code small. Get used to it.
    hi.

SA
    Enthusiast

Or listen to the feedback from your community and act on it?
    Still, it does a decent job of doing what it says - Although I'm not sure RPG fits its description.
    Extremely basic, and I could find that script anywhere, but atleast you explained it fairly well. Although you made my eyes hurt with lack of visuals at all : (

I suggest trying to improve on this by adding in different attacks for your character, and having the enemy use a random attack on you - with each dealing more/less damage or having a diffrent effect.
    I also recommend you trying this WITHOUT the aid of a tutorial yourself. Seriously, self experimentation is the fastest way to expand your AS knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by SA
    Or listen to the feedback from your community and act on it?
    Still, it does a decent job of doing what it says - Although I'm not sure RPG fits its description.
    Extremely basic, and I could find that script anywhere, but atleast you explained it fairly well. Although you made my eyes hurt with lack of visuals at all : (

I suggest trying to improve on this by adding in different attacks for your character, and having the enemy use a random attack on you - with each dealing more/less damage or having a diffrent effect.
    I also recommend you trying this WITHOUT the aid of a tutorial yourself. Seriously, self experimentation is the fastest way to expand your AS knowledge.
    Thank you SA. Real critism from a guy like you makes me know I should improve more. I'll update with Music and graphics or photos to help more if you like, and better colors for your eyes.
    hi.