Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Two Questions About Pivots Imported Into Flash

Hello dear reader. Well, I am importing one of my pivots into flash where I will add sund etc... Anyway, I need help with two things that should be simple.

1) Okay, I have a preloader and a play button screen. What I need help with doing is making a loading bar. Can someone please tell me the steps to do this please? Or a link to a GOOD tutorial? Thanks.

2) When I mport my .gif pivot, it is always put into the top right of the screen. How can I center the entire animation into the middle of the screen? Thanks for helping.

Okay, any help will be appreciated, thanks!!!

Enthusiast

1) nope, but http://www.pixel2life.com has loads, check it out...

2) create a movie clip, double click the movie clip and import your .gif there.
    then when you go back to the main stage, move the movie clip and it should move the entire ani

-pb
    'live and kickin' !

New Animation thread 08

Thanks pb but there is still one problem, I already imported the .gif and made a preloader and added sounds and all that crap...is there a way I can center the animation now without having to start over? Thanks, though!

Enthusiast

um... well you could delete all the frames of the .gif, then create a movie clip out of it.

apart from making it into a movie clip, i know of no other way to move entire .gifs
    'live and kickin' !

New Animation thread 08

okay...that'll work I think...thanks....one small detail (that I'll probably figure out in the next minute)...how do you make a movie clip? Thanks for the fast repies though!

Dedicated Member
    draw anything, select it, rite-clic and click "convert to symbol", mark "movie clip" and click ok. then edit it (double left click on it) erase what you drew and import your anim here ("import to stage" in File>Import) then click "scene 1" or whatever is in over the timeline left of your movie clips name) and then move it to center. now select the frame and go 2 windows>panels>behaviors or something like that, and click the plus in the panel, then find goto and stop at frame or label, enter the frames number and you have it ready,playing etc. now draw anything under it (another layer) as a back...... i hope that works. if not gimme a gun, i will play russian roulette. lol
    This sentence has just insulted you, and you have no idea how.

Veteran Enthusiast LeadingManNigel's Avatar

When you import your pivot in stead of to stage import it to libary, when you do that itll convert it into a movie clip then just drag to your stage.

Thanks all, I got it figured out now. Thanks! ))(*
    But now...theres a new minor small detail. Can someone tell me, please, how I can make the volume of the song in my animation lower so you can hear the sounds better? Thanks!

Enthusiast
    go to the proprites bar and go to effects then to edit and put bouth bars under the center line if you need mor explaning add me to msn or just talk to me some where else

Thanks...you helped me figure that out...I'll add you to MSN anyway, though...lol