Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CS4<3

Fanatic Enthusiast

CS4<3

Stick figure animating will never be the same again<3
    I know its now finnished, but I'm really excited about this new bone feature (peter bone rip?)
    So easy to use, I mean shit. I'm wondering weather to open pivot again or not :/
    http://fwup.net/view/y5w4tz0sgx -Bones C:
    -Bones pic
    http://fwup.net/view/8j9q1q56w9 -3D tool

Re: CS4<3

No offence, but that bones tool animation was poorly done. The bones tool all together will not be useful at all for stickfigure animation, as it tweens everything, so nothing will ever flow. The 3D tool can also be re-inacted in CS3 or below, even, just by using the skew tool, and changing the perspective.

FBF stickfigure animation will own the shit out of the bone tool any day, unless it really is done exceptionally well.

Nothing else really to comment on. The stick figure animation was bad, all the bones overlapped and went white, so it looks crap.

Devoted Veteran

I'm not sure how this bone feature works, but it seems like it would be easier and look better with the line tool.
    [center:2mwkv12p][/center:2mwkv12p]

</3 Tweening. If you want something like that you might as well use tisfat. Even though I own a copy of CS4, I personally think it will ruin the prospect of animation. Remember the good old days when everything was fbf and traditional? Those were the days when animation was good. It showed emotion and had a realistic but cartoony feel to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Head/Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuddermuffin
    I have a hole in my bed so I can sleep on my stomach even with a boner.
    That helps me sleep for sure.
    So in effect you make love to your bed

Jon
    Fanatic Enthusiast

Wouldn't you have to actually have repeat frames for it to tween, so couldn't you just make a keyframe each time to avoid tweening.

Thats my two cents. I couldnt see the animation.
    In memory of Shane and Sarah

It seems pretty cool but im not an expert
    [center:1n4lo0gx]Animations|Forum Rules
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1243195837.png[/img][/center:1n4lo0gx][center:1n4lo0gx][/center:1n4lo0gx][center:1n4lo0gx]<3 to Sapphire for the Awesome sig[/center:1n4lo0gx]

Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    Wouldn't you have to actually have repeat frames for it to tween, so couldn't you just make a keyframe each time to avoid tweening.

Thats my two cents. I couldnt see the animation.
    the tween in cs4 are different. the frames are blue, and you dont have to animate and then add the tween, you add the tween and then animate it.

it adds a shitload of keyframes when you use this 'armature' function, so you might as well just F6 your way around, but it keeps all your shit the same length, which is something that most fullbody animators cant deal with. this can be used with fullbody figures. if you're intelligent with it you can make some pretty funky fullbody, only having to redraw it like every 10 or so frames if you fuck up.
    Elite Forgotten

Old Newbie

I was also looking forward to the bone feature :3

Lets just hope it's not like TISFAT where every time you move a joint the rest of the body reacts and it's hard as hell to keep it in place.
    "Fuck the laws of physics, I have money"

Courtesy?

Yay, they're full grown now :3. I got another one, too.
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/4omkhe]

Jon
    Fanatic Enthusiast

I would just like to add to this now that I have the new flash.

@Bert, yah I made a stick figure with bones using MCs, the same way you could do with a full bodied character. It fails. If for only that the segments start to shift out of place after alittle use, no matter how well positioned you made it. Its rather disappointing, because if not for that, it was mimicing pivot rather well. Besides the whole it takes FUCKING FOREVER thing.

Plus I really havnt gotten used to the new motion tweens, they seem to be more of a hassle than its worth. Forget small tweens... they've made it into a huge ordeal to tween shit.

@Aquarius, yes it does move like tisfat, but if you hold shift down it goes to a pivot like state which is what you want.
    In memory of Shane and Sarah

a program which enabled you to take the best sides of pivot and flash would rock. Shame they don't seem to have managed it here but it could be a step in the right direction, right?
    [center:1hzoraxf][/center:1hzoraxf]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast