Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re: ~DVS~ Flash Anims

LOL!!!! Now thats really funny I like you your kinda cool ha ha yea, but umm keep trying to do better in flash ok.

Look up some flash tutorials
    Make a layer for each guy and for the background
    when you want something to stay still in one spot hit the F6 button on that layer that they are on.

Like I said look up some tutorials.

Awesome thanks for the tips, I actually was lookin some up but never could really find any good ones.

Dedicated Member

There isnt really a good single tutorial for animating sticks but check out http://www.stonesbucket.com/stickfigure.php that helped me alot. But yeah having 1 layer for each stick is a must unless you want to keep redrawing every thing. Also grid lines ctrl + # always helps keep the sticks the same height.
    [center:2tzboo30][/center:2tzboo30]
    [center:2tzboo30]~ As the winter winds litter London with lonely hearts ~[/center:2tzboo30]

Thanks for that site viper, and what does having a different layer for each stick actually do? I never really got that.

Dedicated Member

Having different layers for each stick means, basicly, you wont need to redraw dead sticks once they are dead, if you have a fight with 2 sticks, put both sticks on different layers then animate one kicking the hell out of thin air, then animate the second one next to the other getting the shit kicked out of him.

http://www.pictureflex.com/img/lolrofl.PNG

Look at that there, notice the layers and the frames, i can use F5 to keep the stick the same while i animate the other one.
    [center:2tzboo30]~ As the winter winds litter London with lonely hearts ~[/center:2tzboo30]

Wow, I never realized that, thanks for that tip, I'm gonna be sure to always do that. So if I'm animating a 2 person fight I should only animate one guy at a time? So like when guy kicks the other guy, I shouldnt move the guy thats getting kicked until I finish animating with the guy that is kicking?

Dedicated Member

Im not saying you should or should not, i just find it easier to animate like that, saves going form layer to layer after every frame, get my drift?

Yeah I do thanks. (:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast