Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

big flash game of mine

i'm coming up with some nice spells so far.

(please don't mind the last note. I originally made this thread on a diablo forum xD)

it's just a sample, I'm coming up with a lot more spells for all 5 elements. i'm looking to have a huge arsenal of spells for each element class, so the game doesn't feel limited.

if you want, you could help me think of some cool, flashy attacks i could include for my flash game

at least i could playsomething before diablo 3 :/ lol

characters are based on the elements:

-lightning
    -fire
    -wind
    -water
    -earth

if you'd like to come up with anything for any of those elements, i'd appreciate it. it might go in the game ('course, I'd have to actually like it too lol).

think of cool-looking attacks/powerups

or even some gameplay concepts. good to speak out. put your ideas in. don't be shy lol

extra notes for those trying to think of something:

it's the same bird's eye view as diablo 2, please no skills that really need 'jumping' or lots of flying XD. Or just toss in your opinion of it. Thanks

rate i guess? X/10

I wanna hear your opinions and ideas please. Let's make a good game before blizzard

Note to interested actionscripters:
    I'm a newborn when it comes to actionscript, and i really wanna learn it, but i'm one of those people who could really use some personal assistance for some things xD y'know? I suck at using tutorial instructions >_> i'd like a guide/mentor
    Please feel free to PM me if you like what i intend on doing with actionscript.
    [@]
    Goukakyou? Edyrem!

Veteran Enthusiast

Re: big flash game of mine

You could do a guy who controls plants and vegetation, and he could have all these vines come in, grab your foe's limbs, and rip them apart. Its just an idea.
    [center:3a1kmh8b][/center:3a1kmh8b]

Quote Originally Posted by AustinD
    That shit is amazing! You gotta teach me sometime.
    haha thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Awstun
    You could do a guy who controls plants and vegetation, and he could have all these vines come in, grab your foe's limbs, and rip them apart. Its just an idea.
    actually i also have an idea of mixing spells with another character class.

like co-operative spells.

earth and water would, incidentally, create some sort of plant life

earth and fire would work together to control lava and molten shit

wind and water and lightning would make a thunderstorm.

some easy connections off the top of my head lol
    [@]
    Goukakyou? Edyrem!

Lol, I'll tell you in a PM. Can you teach me how to make this stuff?
    lol sure. but what do you mean make this stuff? come up with ideas you mean?
    [@]
    Goukakyou? Edyrem!

This looks awesome, i wish i had a tablet to draw shit like this with, flash is sat there gathering dust.

I think he mean the fire and stuff, as it looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Soapy
    This looks awesome, i wish i had a tablet to draw shit like this with, flash is sat there gathering dust.

I think he mean the fire and stuff, as it looks awesome.
    lol thanks dude. i forgot this forum appreciates all kinds of drawings

Yeah, if you need a table to do it, I own at drawing IRL, but without a table, I'm fucked
    ahem. pm
    [@]
    Goukakyou? Edyrem!

Hmm, just a thought, this isn't any of the elements you listed, but I was thinking the following:

He brings metal poles (that can bend, like vines, if you will) out of the ground (small in diameter) that are sharp at the end, that could then be thrust forward into your opponents limbs (like arms and legs) and then the character could grab the opposite end of those poles and swing the enemy around, slamming him on the ground. (Or ripping his limbs off in mid air.)

Another idea-
    A combination of Earth and Fire:

The player creates holes in the ground around him and then those make tunnels underground and around the enemy. Then the person shoots fire through the holes around him and makes the fire go through the tunnels and up out the holes by the enemy, which hits the enemy and burns and or kills him.
    You could also put ideas from your fire dragons into that, where they go through the tunnels, shoot up through the holes surrounding the enemy, and then attack for a surprise attack.

Another-

The player conjures up a bunch of vines and surrounds the enemy in them, suffocating him.

Another-
    A combination of Earth and Fire:

The player creates lava by mixing earth and fire, and then throws (possibly using telekinesis) large boulders into it, then lifts those out of the lava (telekinesis, and without melting the boulders) and force-pushes them into the foe, burning him and possibly knocking him out/killing him.
    A variation of this idea:

Using the first steps (create lava, throws boulders in lava, lifts out,) the player smashes the boulders, and force-throws them over to the enemy/enemies, making molten rock fall down on top of a wide range of enemies.

Another-
    Ice:
    The player jumps over the foe and shoots down a spike of ice. (Low-Level attack.)
    Variation of this idea:

The player makes somewhat of a slide out of the ice (that he slides on, making more in front of him as he goes) in a fast manner, and then shoots spikes of ice at the enemy.

Another (>.>)-
    A combination of plant life (vines) and Earth.

The player uses a long vine to pick up a boulder and swings it around at the enemy/enemies like a mace.
    Possibly using small rocks at a lower level.

I'll think of more later.

Edit: Thought of more later.

This could be a defensive move turned offensive. (Not offending, offense. ;])

Earth:

The player lifts rock out of the earth and makes a step, then on that step, lifts another rock out, makes another step, jumps on that step, and repeats, in a fast manner. Or slow, depending on how you want to make it.
    Offensive Variation Number One:
    Making those steps, he can jump behind the enemy and attack from there, using a weapon or another spell.
    Offensive Variation Number Two:
    After jumping on those steps, he can make enough to jump off, at a good distance behind the enemy, back onto the ground, and then slam those rocks down on top of the enemy/enemies. This could be good for traveling large distances, attacking many enemies at one time, or both.

Edit Two: Oh Jesus, I thought of more.

A combination of the first thing I suggested (metal pole thing) and lightning:

The player makes the metal poles come out of the ground, wraps them around the foe, and shoots an electrical charge (using lightning) through the metal and shocks the enemy, killing it.
    Variation One:
    The player makes the metals poles come out of the ground, wraps them around the foe, and strangles the foe.
    Variation Two:
    The person wraps HIMSELF in the metal, making a suit (not strangling himself and not suffocating himself) and then shoots an electrical charge through it (not hurting himself) and then can punch, kick, etc in it, without getting hurt. (But it only lasts for a limited time.)

lightning:make a sword out of it or a whip. maybe summon some kind of lightning bird
    water: whip, sheild some kind of water whale or shark
    earth: summon an earth giant
    fire: make an army of firemen
    air: make a windstrom which would make a huge toranado
    [center:3mz8yq62][/center:3mz8yq62]

Thought of more. :\

A combination of wind and fire/ice/water/earth/lightning:

The player, using wind, makes a tornado or twister, and depending on its surroundings, it uses the other elements to make it more powerful. Like the following:
    With Fire: The player puts many fireballs into the tornado, so that they spin around at a rapid pace, and then releases them, shooting them around in a wide spread that hits many enemies.
    Variation of the Fire Tornado idea: The player puts fire into the tornado, creating a tornado of fire, and thrusts that at the enemy, burning him/making him go dizzy, get picked up by the tornado, and get shoot out of it, burning and killing him.
    With Water: The player puts water into the tornado, and thrusts it at the enemy, making the enemy dizzy, and drowning it.
    With Ice: The player puts many ice spikes into the tornado, making them move at a rapid pace, and then releases them so that they fly out over a wide area.
    Variation of the Ice Tornado idea: The player puts ice into the water, making a large drill of ice and shoots that at the enemy/enemies, impaling it and killing it.
    Variation of the above idea: The player makes the drill drill down into the ground, and then makes the drill shoot up underneath the enemy, impaling it from underground, and killing it.
    With Earth: The player puts many boulders in the tornado, making them move at a rapid pace, then releases them, making them fly out at high speed, hitting the enemies over a wide range.
    With Lightning: The player makes a lightning tornado and thrusts it at the enemy, shocking it, and killing/paralyzing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Armageadon
    Thought of more. :\

A combination of wind and fire/ice/water/earth/lightning:

The player, using wind, makes a tornado or twister, and depending on its surroundings, it uses the other elements to make it more powerful. Like the following:
    With Fire: The player puts many fireballs into the tornado, so that they spin around at a rapid pace, and then releases them, shooting them around in a wide spread that hits many enemies.
    Variation of the Fire Tornado idea: The player puts fire into the tornado, creating a tornado of fire, and thrusts that at the enemy, burning him/making him go dizzy, get picked up by the tornado, and get shoot out of it, burning and killing him.
    With Water: The player puts water into the tornado, and thrusts it at the enemy, making the enemy dizzy, and drowning it.
    With Ice: The player puts many ice spikes into the tornado, making them move at a rapid pace, and then releases them so that they fly out over a wide area.
    Variation of the Ice Tornado idea: The player puts ice into the water, making a large drill of ice and shoots that at the enemy/enemies, impaling it and killing it.
    Variation of the above idea: The player makes the drill drill down into the ground, and then makes the drill shoot up underneath the enemy, impaling it from underground, and killing it.
    With Earth: The player puts many boulders in the tornado, making them move at a rapid pace, then releases them, making them fly out at high speed, hitting the enemies over a wide range.
    With Lightning: The player makes a lightning tornado and thrusts it at the enemy, shocking it, and killing/paralyzing it.
    wow, that mustve taken a lot of brainstorming
    [center:3mz8yq62][/center:3mz8yq62]

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast