Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Hittest stuff and walking stuff and general game stuff

Okay, so I know how to make my little ball move and I know how to make it not go through walls. Now I need to know 5 things.
    1.How to animate the movieclip so the charcter "walks" when you press the arrows instead of just sliding along? Also, making it shoot instead of a bullet popping out of it. Basically I want to know how to make the character have an animation when you press a key.
    2. how do I make the character jump, instead of just floating up?
    3.How do I make an "exit." I want to know how to make it so when you hit an object, you go to the game-over frame, or the "you won" frame?
    5. Finally, how do I make enemies? How do you make them appear, how do you make them attack you , how do you make their bullets affect you, how do you defeat them?

Veteran Enthusiast LeadingManNigel's Avatar

http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/237541

That should help with some of your questions, theres a spaceship game tutorial on flashkit, serch for it.

Wow, thanks, that is better than exactly what I was looking for! ))(*

who did you get the game off of? if it was me then you coulda posted on my thread.

What game? The one I am making is original, and if you mean the newgrounds thing, why would you need to put it in your thread? However, I just checked out your thread and your tut will help!
    edit: Okay, all my questions have been answered expcept one, and I learned that it is called a "hotspot" I ahve found2 tutorials on hotspots, but there was an error in the codes and I don't know much about debugging it or whatever, so if anybody know another hotspot tut, I would really appreciate it if you posted it. Thanks!
    Another edit: nevermind, I figured it out, and you can see the game in my thread!

Oh, ok. It just sounded like you made the game off of my thread, it sounded very similar to what my game taught. Anyways im checking your game...