Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TestGame

SA
    Enthusiast

TestGame

I made this yesterday, using all of my own knowledge, testing what I could do. I am very pleased with the result seeing that its my own idea, and how I used no reference or tutorials : )
    I particularly like this because the placement of the Hurtfoilies is completely random, and so is the speed they rotate at - But, as the level increases, so does the minimum random number that the enemies spin at, as does the number of Hurtfolies.
    Another really cool feature imo, is that this game will go on until the 99999th level - But your computer will not be able to handle that, and the game will crash : ) So people with better PCs can do better at this, there's a moral there, kids : D
    There are some bugs, and there is no replay button, as that wouldn't work with my code structure....

http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=testgame8uh.swf
    (Standby if it wants to abort script, im gonna go change a few things)
    Try this one - Less levels, should be less lag:
    http://img47.imageshack.us/my.php?image=testgame3tv.swf
    So, please tell me:
    What you think of it.
    If you think I should carry it further and make it into a proper game with features and other nifty stuff.
    Suggestions for it if you want me to take it further

And if you can be arsed, post a screeny of your score at the end, together with the level you died on : )

Level: 24

The text came out white on my screeny for some reason.....

Dedicated Member
    Thats pretty cool, It original, and I like the progressive dificulty, nice job. )

SA
    Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Stickster
    Thats pretty cool, It original, and I like the progressive dificulty, nice job. )
    Thanks. Advise taking it further? Or just keeping it as little mini game? If you do want me to carry it on, please give me some suggestions : )

Veteran Enthusiast

good, its coming along well. Just that it is relatively easy and quite boring. Add more enemies

...........[img]http://**********.com/img/1215620802.jpg[/img]
    LAZYTOWN FOR THE WIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlucario
    Um... Can you please stop calling Kankuro a clown? It's hurting my feelings

Enthusiast
    Cheers. Really creative game. You're good with Actionscripting.

Thanks KTU.

SA
    Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness2_1
    good, its coming along well. Just that it is relatively easy and quite boring. Add more enemies
    Enemies as in seperate from the spinners? Any more ideas?

Fanatic Enthusiast

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B.A Baracus.
    maybe add power ups like invese mouse movements or slow spinners fast spinners and such
    SA - Yea I'll try that after Maths Coursework

great game though dude
    good work

SA - Thankyou very much
    -dc
    [center:q3tpp333]
    My Thread - 2 Years of rust ahoy![/center:q3tpp333]

Wow, nice game, color scheme's cool, a bit simple like people said though. Original concept also. I agree with DC's powerups idea, good suggestions, and here's a few more -

Make the power area/next level buttons' positions change from level to level
    Enemy ideas: big slow spinning pentagon that moves around
    nonmoving pentagons that expand and contract
    larger spinners?
    Powerups/powerdowns are good

Nice idea, liked it, but it's freezing up when I run it now :'(

SA
    Enthusiast

Thankyou very much Smashdood. It's slow on everyones computer that doesnt have enough processing power, ie: everyone, because it is cycling through 200 depths every frame initially, very hard on the processor. I need to solve that : )

I think I'm gonna keep the concept of it, but completely change the code, and actually have prpoer levels:

For istance, Level 1 = 1 Big Spinner
    Level 2 = 2 smaller ones
    Level 3 = 4 moving ones
    Ect.

Thanks for all your input and I'm going to make it a one-hit-and-you're-dead game, a bit more challenging that way. Look out for this, but right no I've gotta do a little something for Bert, and English coursework <: (
    Oh and, do you all think that, if at the end of a game you get certain amount of "gems" or something, that you unlock a secret thing - Which will be like the game I've shown you, only you'll be able to put in how many you want till it crashes : P

Fanatic Enthusiast

very nice game although i got quite bored of it in about 5 min and gave up due to lak of power ups level difficulty etc add more things to it its still very good though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast