Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Preloader Help

Preloader Help

For some reason, I can't import a preloader into my Flash document. I says "File cannot be read. I have to open the file with Flash 8 and add on.

I want to Flash someone's animation but I can't get the preloader to work properlly. I added the animation to my library and dragged into my second frame which is the same as the first frame (preloader) exept I deleted everything. I can't get the animation to play without overwriting the first frame. I have to delete everything in that frame and put the actually preloader in it but then it get's messed up. Here are the things that happen:

The preloader goes over the first 2 frames but it moves, like; the preloader is ther and I click play, then it moves down on the second frame and the animation starts.

The preloader is only one frame but doesn't have the play button, it just starts automatically.

I'm new to flash.

Fanatic Enthusiast

maybe you need to add a stop() function to the frame itself

either that or your whole flash is fucked.
    Elite Forgotten

Enthusiast

no clearly the code is wrong and normally it takes 2 frames for a preloader - it send you a preloader i have on MSN

-fp

"I hate it when people point to there wrist when they ask me what time it is.I mean do I point to my crotch when I ask where the bathroom is"

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig

Lock please. FP helped me with it on MSN.