Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Fresh Newbie

how do i make something look out of focus (fuzzy)

i want to know because i am making a flash and have to make a bunch of people passing by the camera fuzzy and out of focus. please tell ne i'm dumb, and it's not some sort of AS and it's just a feature i haven't noticed

Veteran Enthusiast LeadingManNigel's Avatar

If your using version 8 theres a blur feture for movie clips and buttons only.
    Otherwise you need a secondary program for it.

Fresh Newbie
    or i could animate them running by, then export it as a vid/ then reinsert and blur it over the background with an alpha thingy, so the whit around them shows the background

Veteran Enthusiast

the filter features in flash 8 make these happen with ease. Make the thing you want out of focus a movie clip, and click filter, > blur > set it to what ever looks good

...........[img]http://**********.com/img/1215620802.jpg[/img]
    LAZYTOWN FOR THE WIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlucario
    Um... Can you please stop calling Kankuro a clown? It's hurting my feelings

Fresh Newbie
    the blur isn't really a blur, it's more of a copy the object and move and paste in specified directions, and it works with every layers and is a timeline effect. it constaly move the object outward, it's not what i want, anyone ever seen bullet 1? when he hits the gun to twril it horizantally it blurs the detail of the gun the whet the bullet hits the guy as goes out of frame his head blurs. i'm looking for that effect/ as code/ program that does that

Are you using Flash 8? if not the only blur will be the cheap one like you mentioned.

If you don't have 8, it's easy enough to just take a screenshot of the object you want blurred, then blur it in paint.NET or photoshop, and import it again as a new symbol.