Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stick animation in flash

Ive tryed to look at some tuts for making theys kinds of animations, but none of them helped. So I tryed it on my own and I was wondering when people make theys animations do they make the lines and get the mouse and move them> Or do they just draw a new body every time?
    Thank you for your time.
    STICKY1111
    Courtesy?
    http://forums.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=8706
    My thread ^^
    Im also looking to do a joint, Anybody will do, Just not to nooby, Just pm me and Ill add you on msn. ^_^

Both ways are very common ways of animation, which one you use depends on what type you perfer for the animation you're making, and which is easier for you.

Also, moving the same lines without re-drawing is usually called 'tweening', and re-drawing each frame is called FBF, or Frame By Frame.

Alright, Thank you so much, You dont know how much that helped. ))(*
    Courtesy?
    My thread ^^
    Im also looking to do a joint, Anybody will do, Just not to nooby, Just pm me and Ill add you on msn. ^_^

Enthusiast
    Almost all stick animation is frame by frame. Whether you draw them with brush or use line tool and make every part a symbol then move it frame by frame. The only kind of tween stick figure animation I've ever seen is shaped tween animation, and thats when you see there limbs bend. It looks weird and isn't recomended by me.
    Happy animating.

(note) Moving each line isn't tweening. Tweening is when you use either a motion tween or a shape tween to fill in the missing inbetween parts.

Ultimate Flash Tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd9824
    It wont end like that! read the bible
    And it wont end like that either. Read a brief history of time.

If you use FBF, Like drawing the guy a new body everytime, its all twitchy and stuff. So and the brush makes the ends of the arms and legs look weird.
    Courtesy?
    My thread ^^

You could sue the line tool instead of the brush. No 'twichy'. Then use the mouse to repostition the arms and legs, like pivot, every frame.

Enthusiast
    You can motion tween the arms/legs etc but sometimes it becomes difficult because they don't use the limb system like pivot does. I personaly prefer fbf with brush.

Ultimate Flash Tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd9824
    It wont end like that! read the bible
    And it wont end like that either. Read a brief history of time.

Yeah, I tryed both, The line thing is pretty cool but sometimes it gets behide another limb and I cant find it and have to strech everything out and stuff. Fbf is alright, I dont know which im going to use though.
    Courtesy?
    My thread ^^

Quote Originally Posted by sticky1111
    Yeah, I tryed both, The line thing is pretty cool but sometimes it gets behide another limb and I cant find it and have to strech everything out and stuff. Fbf is alright, I dont know which im going to use though.
    use FbF with the brush tool, you could also, use a symbol for the body and draw the legs and arms everytime, I find it easier to make a head, save it as a symbol, then make my animation(FbF with the brush tool), and then go back to each frame and add the head, kinda time consuming, but = / thats what flash is =D
    [center:161o6f51]LET'S BREAK OUT THE SHOTGUNS WE'RE GOING TO TOWN![/center:161o6f51]
    [center:161o6f51][/center:161o6f51]

To add to fry's explanation, when you make a symbol, MAKE IT A GRAPHIC OR IT WILL SCREW IT UP!. If its a movie clip it will lag and stuff i think....well is all I Know, make it a graphic. ))(*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast