Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vellu's Flash Thread [Bored]

I got this program yesterday. I'm going to start posting my flash stuff here.
    I will start with very basics since I'm new to the program.

Animations:
    Lazy
    Black Effect
    Green Effect
    Something short
    Basics 2
    Basics 1
    [center:2dzq3wup][tn=425:2dzq3wup]http://i.cubeupload.com/Ny2md9.jpg[/tn:2dzq3wup][/center:2dzq3wup]

Veteran Enthusiast

Re: Vellu's Flash Thread [Basics 1]

That was great for a first. I like how you used the green line idea to keep the size consistent (It helped me a lot when Sharp first told me about it).

Keep on going, the drawings will become better as you progress obviously. Cool to see you doing flash.

Re: Vellu's Flash Thread [Basics 1 & 2]

Thanks for the comment, Lithium, appreciate it.

I made 2nd one. You can pretty much ignore the movements since they suck balls.
    This was just mainly testing basic backgrounds.

In next ones I will start practising basic movements one by one.
    [center:2dzq3wup][tn=425:2dzq3wup]http://i.cubeupload.com/Ny2md9.jpg[/tn:2dzq3wup][/center:2dzq3wup]

Not really nice, but since it's your first (but I didn't expect it that bad, since you're really good at piv) I'll say that it's kind of good for a first.

The basics 1 is nice, the ball had a flaw-ish physics, and the guy looked shaky and all.

Basics 2's really crappy, but it's your [s:2m22pw5t]first[/s:2m22pw5t] second, so whatever. It's really shaky on most parts.

Try to use onion skin, man

I'll be following this thread

Quote Originally Posted by PivAdd
    Not really nice, but since it's your first (but I didn't expect it that bad, since you're really good at piv) I'll say that it's kind of good for a first.

The basics 1 is nice, the ball had a flaw-ish physics, and the guy looked shaky and all.

Basics 2's really crappy, but it's your [s:1agk5gc2]first[/s:1agk5gc2] second, so whatever. It's really shaky on most parts.

Try to use onion skin, man

I'll be following this thread
    As I said, the 2nd one was mainly just testing some beginner backgrounds.

The thing which makes them look all shaky and shit is the fact that I suck at drawing and I don't know all the basic tricks which make your animating a lot easier. I draw every frame separately and I suck at drawing, as I said. I've been trying to find different kinds of tutorials.

But thanks for the comment. I agree with what you just said. For me flash is a lot harder than pivot to animate with. This can be a good challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellu
    As I said, the 2nd one was mainly just testing some beginner backgrounds.

The thing which makes them look all shaky and shit is the fact that I suck at drawing and I don't know all the basic trics which make your animating a lot easier. I draw every frame separately and I suck at drawing, as I said. I've been trying to find different kinds of tutorials.

But thanks for the comment. I agree with what you just said. For me flash is a lot harder than pivot to animate with. This can be a good challenge.
    Ah. I see.

I had no problems in mine using mouse before, but that's just me. One thing that makes it easy is zooming in, using onion skin, and using smaller brushes.

I also used to draw every frame separately, but you'll learn when to and when not to soon.

Good luck with flash.

Alright, I made something short.
    I also made a walking test this morning, but it was way too bad.
    If you've got any tips 'n tricks, I would appreciate them.

http://www.truploader.com/view/684052

Alright, I made something short.
    I also made a walking test this morning, but it was way too bad.
    If you've got any tips 'n tricks, I would appreciate them.

http://www.truploader.com/view/684052
    It would kinda be better to have higher resolution.

Other than that, it would be pretty cool if you add double framing sometimes in the start of the move. The way you used double framing is, I guess, good since it adds a dramatic feeling to the kick, though it looked kinda week in some way.

I think the run/walk at the start is kinda crappy at the start. It's kinda shaky and all. I guess that's it. lol.

Onion skin helps avoid shakiness, if not, then try to go back and edit and stuff.

Re: Vellu's Flash Thread [Something short]

Now when you say shaky, do you mean the legs ?
    I mean, I think it was a bit better than it was the first time I did that.

Ofc it looks a bit shaky for a long time, 'cause my drawings aren't the best. I'm trying to improve here. I used double framing in that animation 'least in some places. (I think, hah)

But yeah, thanks for the comment once again.

Re: Vellu's Flash Thread [Something short]

Now when you say shaky, do you mean the legs ?
    I mean, I think it was a bit better than it was the first time I did that.

Ofc it looks a bit shaky for a long time, 'cause my drawings aren't the best. I'm trying to improve here. I used double framing in that animation 'least in some places. (I think, hah)

But yeah, thanks for the comment once again.
    If you're really not used to drawing frame by frame, then you can just do limb animation.

You don't really need to be good at drawing, I suck at drawing, but it takes a little bit of effort to avoid shakiness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast