Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Old Newbie

a short fight scene

so i made this short fight scene at the request of a friend, who said we need action not comedy >.> http://swfbox.org/view/ahv82r

Old Newbie

Here's my second combo!

After being pointed out the errors of my last combo, i decided to make a new one correcting them.

OOOPSSS i posted the wrong link!
    this is the one http://swfbox.org/view/2k5o4g

Fresh Newbie

Re: Here's my second combo!

This is a really nice combo, it has great flow and you chained the attacks together pretty nicely.

Just the few problems I have with it would be that the first two punches lacked force and the way the stick would recover so quickly from a large kick made it look a bit awkward.

You have to take in the fact that when he kicks he is throwing his weight over to that side and his center of mass shifts from his lower abdomen out to the direction he kicked. So, maybe if he kicks backward he would either follow up with falling over or standing on the leg that kicked or maybe even launching another kicking attack using that same directional force that threw him into the first one.

There was a little bit of resizing in the legs from time to time. I would guess this was from the numerous kicks you used and is forgivable, but you can reduce the amount of resizing by using guidelines at the neck position of the stick and where the leg meets the abdomen.

But, a very good combo, indeed.

Fresh Newbie

Re: a short fight scene

I would suggest firstly increasing the FPS because this animation is a bit too slow, and I can guarantee that the movements would look twice as good with a higher FPS, but it's your choice.

Also, the movements were very stiff. This is sorta hard to avoid in line animating, but, what I do to avoid this is instead of having just a curve for the whole abdomen and chest section, you would have two line segments and bend them, like the Pivot 3.0 Default Model. It'll help with stiffness when he falls from places and with his lunges and kicks.

Overall, It's a decent fight scene. I can't tell you too much because of the V-cam shaking during all the punching and kicking, you should bring that down a notch or just not do it at all because it makes the hits look crass and like they have no force.

Fanatic Enthusiast

I have merged both of your threads Creative, please try and keep all animations in this thread. Thankyou.

Old Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktrilogy
    I would suggest firstly increasing the FPS because this animation is a bit too slow, and I can guarantee that the movements would look twice as good with a higher FPS, but it's your choice.

Also, the movements were very stiff. This is sorta hard to avoid in line animating, but, what I do to avoid this is instead of having just a curve for the whole abdomen and chest section, you would have two line segments and bend them, like the Pivot 3.0 Default Model. It'll help with stiffness when he falls from places and with his lunges and kicks.

Overall, It's a decent fight scene. I can't tell you too much because of the V-cam shaking during all the punching and kicking, you should bring that down a notch or just not do it at all because it makes the hits look crass and like they have no force.
    Hey man, Thanks for all your advice! I have improved very much! I kinda missed this thread or something... call me a noob