Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

my worthless flash stuff

Hey, I recently got a copy of Macromedia flash 8. (Don't ask how.) So I decided to make a small thread in this section showing my skills (Have none, lol) In flash. Mind you, I dont use a drawing tablet, I am trying to get a job to buy one, there's only such a level I can do with out a tablet. These suck and I know they do. Terkoiz would be right if he told me I suck. But I just decided to post my shit anyways.

A test kick, his head disappears in one frame, but the kick is good I think...

And this one, Is a simple walk test, walk is off, and somthing went wrong in symbol making because a part of the floor is gone before she stops walking.

Like I said, I suck, dont be a total dick about it if possible.

"Sharing is caring. But what if you dont fucking care?"

Re: my worthless flash stuff

You should really get to at least med beginner at best intermediate in pivot before you do stick figures in flash, since all the basic skill you need in flash you will learn from pivot. You lack easing, it's unrealistic, it's choppy, it looks like low beginner pivot. Get rid of choppiness first, then do easing, then work on realism, then add effects, then style. Also you do NOT need a tablet to do good work in flash, I used to use that as an excuse, but it's not true, you can make amazing stuff with just a mouse.

___
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashed
    tl;dr: The forum is dying, so is pivot

Quote Originally Posted by TheRavenHouse
    You should really get to at least med beginner at best intermediate in pivot before you do stick figures in flash, since all the basic skill you need in flash you will learn from pivot. You lack easing, it's unrealistic, it's choppy, it looks like low beginner pivot. Get rid of choppiness first, then do easing, then work on realism, then add effects, then style. Also you do NOT need a tablet to do good work in flash, I used to use that as an excuse, but it's not true, you can make amazing stuff with just a mouse.
    Yeah, Your probably right

"Sharing is caring. But what if you dont fucking care?"

Well sir I wouldnt call it worthless, that only reflects the view you have on your own work and thus will encourage others to feel the same way towards what you do.

Not to worry, its only the beginning stages of what you will accomplish and Im sure with hard work, determination, and a goal you will do great things.

Keep up the GREAT work.

Actually, you don't really need a tablet for stick figure animation in flash. If I remember correctly, most of the good animations you see were made using the Line tool. And since it doesn't require free-hand drawing, a tablet isn't really necessary.

I would suggest finding video tutorials for that technique. ( usually I'd link them to you myself, but I'm on my phone ). Good luck.
    See You Space Honkboy...

[youtube:1h121xst]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWKvh-3_gqg[/youtube:1h121xst]

That's a great tutorial from Stone at Fluid anims