Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Angry Blob

Tychus Findlay

Angry Blob

Angry Blob

Meteorite

Stupid Trap Doors (Re-made)
    ^Credits to tragiC for the background^

Squirrel Loop
    ^Credits to Olix Flix for the idea^
    Last edited by Raymond; 18 Dec 2013 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
    Hey guys, I was able to upload that animation I was working on for my computer art and animation course at college. It's not completely finished yet. I've still got to add sounds effects, his ears, and the leaves that fly up into the air with each bounce he takes. Oh and I still gotta add the scanned background in. My teacher wanted us to scan anything, so I'm going to put water in a clear bag and scan it to use for the sky. The clouds do look a little fast, but they have to be that fast if I want them to loop properly since the animation is only 60 frames long. I just figured I'd post it because the general movement and concept is finished. I hope you guys like it. I'll be making more things like this over the course of the next 3-4 months so be sure to check this thread out every once in awhile.
    SwfCabin - Free Swf Upload & Swf Hosting - Viewing: Loop
    Looking pretty good man! I'll throw some advices and take if you will: -the head spacing in some moments seems inconsistent, it kinda break the cool floppy style; -I don't know if you are using tablet or having enough time to work but I would make the background just a bit more elaborated, like instead of using the pivot style of the main stick walking at the very top of the ground (orthographic front view) something with more perspective, nothing crazy though (take this as example, this shit is surely advanced, BUT, take in consideration the concept: perspective which in your case just removing that perfect sided view will be doing the job, the well distinguished foreground and background, and I would keep the saturated colors, color saturation in your case might be good because saturated color usually cause happiness or good feeling if well developed); -and for the tail animation and sfx might be helpful Terkoiz stuff, there is tail animation tutorial on his youtube channel and sfx stuff on the same place. Hope it helps, good luck!

ha, love the bouncy style. Gradus covered almost everything really except that perhaps the clouds moved too fast.

i love coffee because nothing wakes me up better than scalding the inside of my face and the urge to violently shit myself

Tychus Findlay

Quote Originally Posted by Lolzafish View Post
    ha, love the bouncy style. Gradus covered almost everything really except that perhaps the clouds moved too fast.
    Thanks for the comment lolzafish. I did mention earlier that I thought the clouds moved too fast as well, but the problem is if I want them to loop, they have to move that fast. The only way I could fix that problem is by making the animation longer so the clouds have more inbetween frames, but at this point there isn't much I can add to it.

@Gradus: That was some quality CC. Thanks for taking the time to do that, it really came in handy.
    Last edited by Raymond; 03 Oct 2013 at 06:07 AM.

You're welcome Raymond! I actually managed to read what you said before edit the post but I could only answer now but I do agree with you, when you said it was for Class I knew that you probably wouldn't be able to redo for time reasons or whatnot and since they are enjoying there is no point indeed in do all again
    Just tried to point some things that might eventually help you out in general, I'll be coming here time to time to see what's up. Keep it up!

Tychus Findlay

Thanks Gradus!

I ended up finishing the animation. The only thing I haven't done is add in the scanned background, which I'll do next class, so I just added a light blue background for now. All I really did since the last time I posted it was edit the tail near the end, add in leaves that flew with the wind, and I also added sound effects to it. The only other thing I can think to add is maybe give him some ears or eyes. I know animating the legs would be kind of difficult and it would ruin the cartoony feeling it has. So maybe if I get time next class I'll add in some eyes and ears, but I doubt it. The teacher really likes it as is. I also managed to make it around 30 frames longer since I had to extend it to make the leaves loop, so the clouds look a lot better now. (They're not as fast)

Squirrel

And btw, credit for the idea goes to Olix Flix. His "Fox Project" animation really encouraged me to make this.
    Last edited by Raymond; 09 Oct 2013 at 01:07 AM.

Tychus Findlay

I figured I might as well post this. I opened up flash to work on it today and I found out my free month trial is over. So I currently don't have flash and I'm not sure if I'll end up getting the full version. If I'm lucky and my teacher still lets me, I might turn this into my final project and just work on it at school. If that's the case then you guys can expect to see the finished version, which I had about another 1-2 scenes in mind. And of course I'd finish up that 3rd scene. I'm kind of mad I couldn't finish it up tonight before my trail ran out . I know I haven't really added much since I last showed you guys, but this stuff is hard work. I spend about an hour a night making 4-5 frames. It takes me forever to get the smoke bubbles to look like bubbles. I keep on having to ctrl + z and re-draw them.

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1382921233

Tychus Findlay

Hey guys I have another update. I've finally finished my second project, besides for adding in the sound effects which I'll do later. I was REALLY short on time for this project. My free trial of flash ran out and I couldn't find a good way of getting it until recently, but that took up way too much time. So I used the one pivot animation I made called "Stupid Trap Doors" and I just added a background to it and made it somewhat interactive. I give full credit to Vagic(fookmeinthearse) for the background. I would have created my own if I had more time, but I really enjoyed his Shaolin Vs Kickboxer animation, so I decided to use his background. I re-drew the whole thing, but I pretty much copied the placement of everything (sorry about that Vagic). I guess he said he was ok with it, but still I just wanted to make sure all the credit for the background goes to him.

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1385704545
    Amir likes this.

Banned
    That was awesome! You animated the snake really well. I think this animation looks way better than before and the interactive side of it's good. I think the only thing which bothered me was the white outline around the stickman. If you used the wand tool to select the white space you need to turn up/down the threshold. It's hard to give advice though since I don't know how exactly you did this. Another thing that bothered me was the fade that was originally animated in Pivot. You could have gone back into Pivot and got rid of the fade, then animated the fade in Flash.

The rest is good though. I think the background worked well even though it was copied and the snake was animated pretty well, as I already said.

Tychus Findlay

Quote Originally Posted by Jojishi View Post
    That was awesome! You animated the snake really well. I think this animation looks way better than before and the interactive side of it's good. I think the only thing which bothered me was the white outline around the stickman. If you used the wand tool to select the white space you need to turn up/down the threshold. It's hard to give advice though since I don't know how exactly you did this. Another thing that bothered me was the fade that was originally animated in Pivot. You could have gone back into Pivot and got rid of the fade, then animated the fade in Flash.

The rest is good though. I think the background worked well even though it was copied and the snake was animated pretty well, as I already said.
    When I uploaded the pivot animation into flash, I could only figure out how to do it as a gif, but when doing that it would also import the white area around the figure. So I had to use photoshop to make it transparent. I'm not really good with photoshop though so I had a lot of trouble. Even the teacher got stuck. But when we loaded it into flash it had that little white outline. I know in photoshop they have a wand tool like you mentioned that lets you highlight a specific color so you can select just that color. If I could have done this I would of changed it to black to match the stickman, but I guess there is no tool like that in Flash. Not that I saw at least.

As for the Fade out, I didn't even think to do that. I suppose I could still go back and do it, but then I would have to re-align the gif up in each frame all over again since it imports it out of place on the stage and that's a lot of extra work lol. I might do it anyways because idk if she'll mark off points for it.

Thanks for the comment man!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast