Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MitchSkaterXL

Thread: Grim Dream

Grim Dream

Hey guys, this is the final version of the final college project I worked on. The frames were all drawn in Adobe Photoshop and compiled in Adobe Flash. We also used Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects too. Please let me know what you think!

Grim Dream - YouTube

Banned
    erm shmedo this is a flash anim can any staff members move this to flash anims if not just lock it it was just not good for pivot its average for flash but pivot not good

Flume

Moved.

Honestly I thought that was pretty fantastic. I mean, the spacing wasn't great and there were a lot of inbetweens lacking in some parts making portions of it look a bit low quality and primitive (that being said there were some well animated parts), but artistically and conceptually it was really impressive. I really loved the face details of Death and him coming home to his fish, plant etc. and the poses on the 3D perspective run loops.

Perhaps doing all the drawing in Flash would have made the spacing aspect of project much easier than going back and forth between programs to amend any errors. With a bit of polishing on the movements (which I know is tedious when working with fullbody figures and details) you could really up the quality of your animations, regardless, yous are doing some real nice work and I would like to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lush View Post
    Moved.

Honestly I thought that was pretty fantastic. I mean, the spacing wasn't great and there were a lot of inbetweens lacking in some parts making portions of it look a bit low quality and primitive (that being said there were some well animated parts), but artistically and conceptually it was really impressive. I really loved the face details of Death and him coming home to his fish, plant etc. and the poses on the 3D perspective run loops.

Perhaps doing all the drawing in Flash would have made the spacing aspect of project much easier than going back and forth between programs to amend any errors. With a bit of polishing on the movements (which I know is tedious when working with fullbody figures and details) you could really up the quality of your animations, regardless, yous are doing some real nice work and I would like to see more.
    Wow thanks! Yeah a lot of it needs work, and by a lot of it I mean most of it, but yeah it was our first "proper" animation that we did at college. We can plan on starting a web series on YouTube soonish, but yeah dunno when that'll start.

Thanks again for your awesome feedback!

I posted a comment on youtube. I really like it! Keep animating!
    shmedo12 likes this.

Old Newbie
    i really enjoyed this haha, it was very refreshing from the constant stick figure and violent animations i see on a daily basis, good stuff. even thought the animation quality wasn't top notch, it was still fitting for the presentation and content, refine your arts up a little and im sure you could create something spectacular!