Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: blawb iz awzum?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • nozors

4 26.67%
  • yezorz

4 26.67%
  • i like eggs

7 46.67%
    Enthusiast

BLOB!!!!! first try ever coment please

after doing this i realised how much a god gifgiff is

first try ever
    sopz fails

Enthusiast

Uhh, It looks alright I guess, but it gets smaller and stuff... >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Crono
    chuchuwaewae
    [A N I M A T I O N S] <-- 3 non-broken links
    [A R T W O R K] <-- all broken links

Dedicated Member
    Agreed, looks pretty nice, but it gets smaller, also, maybe add a little wavy motion there, eh?
    Courtesy? Click on my sig.

I agree with what they said but u should try to make it like Ehm ....

Ah, let the blob thingie go down on the stick thingie where it lands on slower and let him bounch up slower to.

Woohoo! Someone made a blob!

I think that's awesome. All you need is for the blob to contact the pole before squashing down and when boinging back up.
    What I mean is kind of like:

If you have it contact the pole in one frame before it squishes onto it, it creates a sort of elasticness that you don't get without the contact. To make it even more stretchy, you can make the blob reach out a lot towards the pole in the contact frame to give the squish even more impact.
    This contact "rule" also applies for most other aspects of animation. When a stickman is jumping, for example, you should have one frame in which the stickman is stretched out but still touching the ground with one foot right before he flies into the air. Then, in one frame before he crouches down/reacts from landing, have him stretch out with at least one foot touching the ground. This helps the eye follow the motions better, and the animation flows like crazy.

I hope that helps a bit!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifgiff
    Woohoo! Someone made a blob!

I think that's awesome. All you need is for the blob to contact the pole before squashing down and when boinging back up.
    What I mean is kind of like:

If you have it contact the pole in one frame before it squishes onto it, it creates a sort of elasticness that you don't get without the contact. To make it even more stretchy, you can make the blob reach out a lot towards the pole in the contact frame to give the squish even more impact.
    This contact "rule" also applies for most other aspects of animation. When a stickman is jumping, for example, you should have one frame in which the stickman is stretched out but still touching the ground with one foot right before he flies into the air. Then, in one frame before he crouches down/reacts from landing, have him stretch out with at least one foot touching the ground. This helps the eye follow the motions better, and the animation flows like crazy.

I hope that helps a bit!
    ok ill try it in like 20 minutes thank you so much
    if you have time you could make a blob tutorial
    and 1 more question do you have 1 blob stick and move and shape that 1 or do you multiple sticks of different types of blobs?
    sopz fails

Quote Originally Posted by culapou
    and 1 more question do you have 1 blob stick and move and shape that 1 or do you multiple sticks of different types of blobs?
    I know you weren't asking me, but, usually people animate blobs with 1 stick that is a line with multiple joints, so you can move it into a different shape easier.

Quote Originally Posted by .:.BrOkEn.:.
    Quote Originally Posted by culapou
    I know you weren't asking me, but, usually people animate blobs with 1 stick that is a line with multiple joints, so you can move it into a different shape easier.
    yeah that what gifgiff and bolt used it is much easier :/

Reus 4 high
    PUT ON YOUR SIGNITURE:
    Code:

Yeah, like broken and reus said, I use one stick. Now that you mention it though, using different sticks might be useful when stretching the blob, because you could have a big blob stick and a little one. You'd use the big blob when you wanted it to stretch and stuff, and the small one the rest of the time.

There might be an easier way to stretch blobs that more than one blob stick will allow though. I sometimes had to have an extra segment or two for the blobs because at some points the blob stick just wasn't long enough to do something. You can just make a straight stick the same thickness as the blob and fill in any gaps you run in to.
    Have fun um.. blobbing!