Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Fisiks suck

Fisiks suck

http://uploaded.pivothost.org/Yadda/failep1s.piv

Yeah, I decided to begin working with a physics test, only to finally conclude that I absolutely suck with collisions. I was wondering if there was a specific way i should have made him fall back down. I'm just stumped.

Help guys?

Re: Fisiks suck

Well, I did a cheap copy of your animation that's slightly different than yours.

I don't think I'm that great either.
    Your ani looks fine to me though :s.
    Not sure what to say to help you.

I liked yours definitely better, at the beginning though, I think I did a little bit better. But that's not really my problem area. Making people fall is easy.

Some nice work there yadda.

None of you showed the Abrupt stop in collisions, the speed and momentum decrease instantly. yours seem to slide into and throught he collision .

I think that it's a simple matter of momentum.

Try running into a wall. Seriously, just walk into one, with your head a bit out front. Your head will stop at the wall, and your torso and arms will continue moving forward. Your upper leg will also collide into the wall, but your lower leg (With the foot planted on the ground) will not. Your head will also roll 'up', trying to get to the flattest point.

In other words, the point of collision barely moves until the bounce. It stops abruptly, and any 'easing' is a result of the head rotating. (Or sliding, perhaps) The rest of the body continues moving. Anything not perpendicular to the angle of impact will tend to go towards their respective directions; left or right.

Since the head collided, the body is stopping rapidly. The head hits, and (If not perpendicular to angle of impact) slides a bit. The rest of the body is 'eased' by the head rotating and sliding to a stop. It's very fast, so it may be a |-------|--|-| Ease. The arms and legs go as far forward as they can, not overextending (Unless of course the impact is hard enough, or you're going for cartooney)

If you want it to bounce, don't make the head the point of impact. It's hard to bounce off of a head, because there's nothing to compress besides the neck. If you land on your stomach, your top and bottom both compress downwards due to the force, and can shoot back up, creating a 'bounce'. Another form of bounce is the 'Hard impact' Bounce, but it only applies when the entire body (Or at least most of it) hits the ground.

Although, if the head extends forward, and the neck is 'compressed' by bending the head, a bounce can sometimes be produced. Remember, a bounce is produced by a counter force. It doesn't just happen. When a rubber ball bounces, it does so due to it compressing and returning to original size. Some counter force is always needed. Things good at absorbing shock tend to not bounce.

Erm, I think I've gotten ahead of myself.
    I hope that helped.
    SA$_/AI%20has log[d in.
    > S&ys|BT
    > P_s word?
    > OMEGA
    >> A^e_%20_u su!e? (Y/N)
    > Y
    >> S##t m_ Rebooting. Hello, Samuel.

I greatly appreciate it xeno, very helpful, I'll definitely try to implement it on something else