Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Ball adventure

Old Newbie

Ball adventure

WHY WONT IT WORK LOL

Old Newbie

Re: Ball adventure

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMachine
    I must say, the physics were absolutely terrible! I don't want to be rude on that statement either.

Objects don't take a year to finally stop bouncing after a simple drop without force. You act like there is no gravity, put more force onto objects. When the rolling part began, that was another terrible part. They eventually accelerate, and not creep at a very slow yet constant speed. The trampoline part was another huge issue, something that isn't living can't force a jump and bounce on a trampoline. Someone with feet can, they cant push up and let themselves bounce, but a ball cannot. And for the last part, what the hell? All of a sudden it picks up speed at extreme rates? I don't think so. Make it more realistic.

The walking was another problem. It was very scattered and fast, and I don't know anyone that walks like that except for the children in South Park. How the default gets up is another minor issue, but an issue none the less. Very choppy and had no easing at all. When the random guy shoots him...well it was random to say the least, but that's your addition.

Try not use defaults in your animations, and if you do, base the entire animation on the Default. And also, use the Pivot 2 default. Looks better.
    yeah right

Re: Ball adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Stylez
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeMachine
    I must say, the physics were absolutely terrible! I don't want to be rude on that statement either.

Objects don't take a year to finally stop bouncing after a simple drop without force. You act like there is no gravity, put more force onto objects. When the rolling part began, that was another terrible part. They eventually accelerate, and not creep at a very slow yet constant speed. The trampoline part was another huge issue, something that isn't living can't force a jump and bounce on a trampoline. Someone with feet can, they cant push up and let themselves bounce, but a ball cannot. And for the last part, what the hell? All of a sudden it picks up speed at extreme rates? I don't think so. Make it more realistic.

The walking was another problem. It was very scattered and fast, and I don't know anyone that walks like that except for the children in South Park. How the default gets up is another minor issue, but an issue none the less. Very choppy and had no easing at all. When the random guy shoots him...well it was random to say the least, but that's your addition.

Try not use defaults in your animations, and if you do, base the entire animation on the Default. And also, use the Pivot 2 default. Looks better.
    yeah right
    Man CodeMachine was just trying too help and was telling you what is wrong with your animation, not evey animation will be perfect and if you want too get better you need feed back like that so you can practice on the things they say you need to practice on. Read Baha's ultimate tutrial and you will be on your way.

Courtesy?

CREDZ TO The Black Spark!