Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: OH NOES

  1. #1
    Will of the Warrior Ricard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    905

    OH NOES

    GAH, I have been doing so many swordfights lately and I'm starting to forget how to make the old fashion fights! I think i seriously need some criticism, and err... ideas.

  2. #2
    Enthusiast Aiero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,231

    Re: OH NOES

    Quote Originally Posted by rick
    GAH, I have been doing so many swordfights lately and I'm starting to forget how to make the old fashion fights! I think i seriously need some criticism, and err... ideas.
    your movements aren't nice,in fact I find them in beginner,just try to do what you did in sword fights in your non-katana animations.
    [center:2sxu7v4a][/center:2sxu7v4a]

  3. #3
    Will of the Warrior Ricard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    905

    Re: OH NOES

    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger
    Quote Originally Posted by rick
    GAH, I have been doing so many swordfights lately and I'm starting to forget how to make the old fashion fights! I think i seriously need some criticism, and err... ideas.
    your movements aren't nice,in fact I find them in beginner,just try to do what you did in sword fights in your non-katana animations.
    That's the problem, I CAN'T.
    IT'S NOT A SWORDFIGHT FOO'

    Also, what non-katana animation? :3
    What's so bad about the movements too?
    I need to know holmes.
    :EDIT: Removed blur to make it easier to criticise, continued for the lulz.

  4. #4
    Enthusiast Aiero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,231

    Re: OH NOES

    Quote Originally Posted by rick
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger
    Quote Originally Posted by rick
    GAH, I have been doing so many swordfights lately and I'm starting to forget how to make the old fashion fights! I think i seriously need some criticism, and err... ideas.
    your movements aren't nice,in fact I find them in beginner,just try to do what you did in sword fights in your non-katana animations.
    That's the problem, I CAN'T.
    IT'S NOT A SWORDFIGHT FOO'

    Also, what non-katana animation? :3
    What's so bad about the movements too?
    I need to know holmes.
    :EDIT: Removed blur to make it easier to criticise, continued for the lulz.
    the kick seemed weak, the other guys legs were stiff,and the reaction wasn't nice,I've seen better from you,yes they were sword animations,just apply what you did in those ones in your upcoming new ones.
    [center:2sxu7v4a][/center:2sxu7v4a]

  5. #5
    Enthusiast Milk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,231

    Re: OH NOES

    Just stick with your swords, it makes your style what it is

  6. #6
    Enthusiast Aiero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,231

    Re: OH NOES

    Quote Originally Posted by Milk
    Just stick with your swords, it makes your style what it is
    I agree with you..
    [center:2sxu7v4a][/center:2sxu7v4a]

  7. #7
    Enthusiast Mavs's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    CDOC, Philippines
    Posts
    2,270

    Re: OH NOES

    Let me do this.

    First of all I found that the animation speed was to fast, either that or their weren't much frames for the animation to move to, Sort of like he was in a ready punch stance then suddenly in the next frame he completes the punch cycle and the arm already fully extended. Try adding more frames to the animation maybe that will help slow it down.

    As for the movements, i noticed the right arm of the Stick at the right side, moved inconsistently, up, down then side to side and didn't help with the momentum of the kick. That goes for the guy who kicked and jumped to the air when he landed to hit the other guy, i couldn't really tell what was going on. It looked like they were lagging.

    Also, when the stick who fell flips to stand up, it happened all too suddenly and didn't show much effort exerted into creating the flip, the order of the flip should have been, he was lying down-moves backbone and feet upward but folds legs- use small spacing to show the effort that he tried to flip while lying down.

    Although at the kick, i loved the reaction in the first frame, but the rest of the reaction when he fell to the floor was horrible, comparable to a rag doll.

    That's all i could really point out to this animation, feel free to ask anything.

    E: Guys leave him be, it's his decision.
    [center:1a8tztwm][/center:1a8tztwm]

  8. #8
    Will of the Warrior Ricard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    905

    Re: OH NOES

    Thanks a heap mavs,
    and yeah guys, I'm gonna keep fightin' till I'm good at it, but I'll still do my sword animations regularly.

    Don't you worry, i just want to be a more general animator.
    :EDIT: Holy moly, it's weird. I can animate the more complicated things very well but i lack the ability to animate the simplest of fights. WHAT AM I?

  9. #9
    Enthusiast Aiero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,231

    Re: OH NOES

    Quote Originally Posted by rick
    Thanks a heap mavs,
    and yeah guys, I'm gonna keep fightin' till I'm good at it, but I'll still do my sword animations regularly.

    Don't you worry, i just want to be a more general animator.
    :EDIT: Holy moly, it's weird. I can animate the more complicated things very well but i lack the ability to animate the simplest of fights. WHAT AM I?
    maybe you just forgot the basics.
    [center:2sxu7v4a][/center:2sxu7v4a]

  10. #10
    Will of the Warrior Ricard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    905

    Re: OH NOES

    Maybe i did.
    I also make better 1 k.


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •