Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OH NOES

OH NOES

GAH, I have been doing so many swordfights lately and I'm starting to forget how to make the old fashion fights! I think i seriously need some criticism, and err... ideas.

Re: OH NOES

Quote Originally Posted by rick
    GAH, I have been doing so many swordfights lately and I'm starting to forget how to make the old fashion fights! I think i seriously need some criticism, and err... ideas.
    your movements aren't nice,in fact I find them in beginner,just try to do what you did in sword fights in your non-katana animations.
    [center:2sxu7v4a][/center:2sxu7v4a]

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger
    your movements aren't nice,in fact I find them in beginner,just try to do what you did in sword fights in your non-katana animations.
    That's the problem, I CAN'T.
    IT'S NOT A SWORDFIGHT FOO'

Also, what non-katana animation? :3
    What's so bad about the movements too?
    I need to know holmes.
    :EDIT: Removed blur to make it easier to criticise, continued for the lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger
    That's the problem, I CAN'T.
    IT'S NOT A SWORDFIGHT FOO'

Also, what non-katana animation? :3
    What's so bad about the movements too?
    I need to know holmes.
    :EDIT: Removed blur to make it easier to criticise, continued for the lulz.
    the kick seemed weak, the other guys legs were stiff,and the reaction wasn't nice,I've seen better from you,yes they were sword animations,just apply what you did in those ones in your upcoming new ones.

Just stick with your swords, it makes your style what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Milk
    Just stick with your swords, it makes your style what it is
    I agree with you..

Let me do this.

First of all I found that the animation speed was to fast, either that or their weren't much frames for the animation to move to, Sort of like he was in a ready punch stance then suddenly in the next frame he completes the punch cycle and the arm already fully extended. Try adding more frames to the animation maybe that will help slow it down.

As for the movements, i noticed the right arm of the Stick at the right side, moved inconsistently, up, down then side to side and didn't help with the momentum of the kick. That goes for the guy who kicked and jumped to the air when he landed to hit the other guy, i couldn't really tell what was going on. It looked like they were lagging.

Also, when the stick who fell flips to stand up, it happened all too suddenly and didn't show much effort exerted into creating the flip, the order of the flip should have been, he was lying down-moves backbone and feet upward but folds legs- use small spacing to show the effort that he tried to flip while lying down.

Although at the kick, i loved the reaction in the first frame, but the rest of the reaction when he fell to the floor was horrible, comparable to a rag doll.

That's all i could really point out to this animation, feel free to ask anything.

E: Guys leave him be, it's his decision.
    [center:1a8tztwm][/center:1a8tztwm]

Thanks a heap mavs,
    and yeah guys, I'm gonna keep fightin' till I'm good at it, but I'll still do my sword animations regularly.

Don't you worry, i just want to be a more general animator.
    :EDIT: Holy moly, it's weird. I can animate the more complicated things very well but i lack the ability to animate the simplest of fights. WHAT AM I?

Thanks a heap mavs,
    and yeah guys, I'm gonna keep fightin' till I'm good at it, but I'll still do my sword animations regularly.

Don't you worry, i just want to be a more general animator.
    :EDIT: Holy moly, it's weird. I can animate the more complicated things very well but i lack the ability to animate the simplest of fights. WHAT AM I?
    maybe you just forgot the basics.

Maybe i did.
    I also make better 1 k.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast