Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Thread it? :\

oxymoron

Thread it? :\

Put this in freestyle since it lacked power and I ..kind of forgot the build up for the flips. >.>
    So I rushed the end.

E: Don't mention the floor, I couldn't be assed adding more of it.

Re: Door Slam + Some Flips.

Really nice.

Like you said, it misses some power.
    I still like it :3

oxymoron

Re: Thread it? :\

Thanks dude, anyone else?
    I really need some feedback. c:

Banned

Woah! Awesome animation dude!

That animation was pretty good, you have a good "noction" of good animating, try to keep with floor, that makes the animation better, you can thread it
    ;D
    I'm Brazilian, sorry for my bad english XD
    :Thread:

Fanatic Enthusiast

Hey there Ward, just dropping in a comment .

God, I love that run. Anyway, I think that the after the first flip cartwheel thing, the stick should've stumbled a bit or something, not just easily flow into a front flip. The slow motion was cool too, same as the flip - a really nice pose in there.

So, um, yeah . Oh, and congrats on intermediate! I don't think I congratulated you yet .

Thread? Sure.

Could you also do my kind of courtesy - click one of the dragons in my signature? It doesn't matter which one, and it'll just feed them all. Thanks! .
    [center:276dk9et]:I[/center:276dk9et]

Finally, lol, sorry for holding you up dude:

That in general was pretty cool. The run was really even, as in, the strides are equal in size and lengh (when I looked at the piv, I realised each stride was 5 frames exactly). The only problem with the run that I can see is that it is a little too perfect? I mean, it isn't stiff, but it gives the feel of being so. Add his torso and head rolling and bouncing around and you have a much more fun to watch run cycle. It's not realistic but when done well it can really improve on your animation.

That's enough on the run, lol.

When he "smashes" through the gate/door, there isn't nearly enough power. I see you double framed to try and give it more power, but since there was no extra movement, or atleast not enough of a movement to be noticed at full speed, the double framing kind of had no effect. A build up to the smash, say, back and arms coming back, the last stride or two a little shorter as he brings his body forward and swings his arms around to leap through the gate, would have looked far better with double framing. The actual gate was nice, but too simple. The 3D drawings were good, but again, there was no power behind it, he just kind of moved it open with his elbow. Having it completely shut on frame A, and by frame B having it fully open, with maybe a small dust or shockwave effect would have spiced it up that little bit (having it bounce back would look nice too, if you want to get really advanced) it needs to be really interesting.

As you said, the build up to the first flip was too small. Don't be scared to make really extreme movements, done right they can look great and you can always tone them down a little later. This way you never under-animate your movements (new term? lol). The second flip was really really sexy; it was odd, and unique, but it somehow worked. Maybe it was something about the spacing (time it took to complete the flip) that made it look so good, or the energy created by the first flip that made it so clean and lovely to look at.

By the way, I think missing the floor didn't matter (this is one of Ward's utterly unique grey backgrounds that float but work and take up the white space behind the animation whilst still being really easy to animate with). Maybe have the edge of it fade a bit more, but otherwise it looked fine.

I think threading it as it is now is maybe a bit risky. A bit of editing though, and it will look great.

There you have it bitch, a comment.

P.S: this could have easily been a looping animation.

Enthusiast

<3
    You should add the floor in further. Then when he goes through the door make it turn to grass or some shit.
    P.S BASEHAWTNESS. Johann can has a turn of it?
    [center:3vz6qcg7]????????????????????????????????????????????

???????????????? Johann&#39;s Thread ????????????????[/center:3vz6qcg7]