Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mat
    Banned

Crono please give me some pointers for realism

lock this no one gave me what I asked for and no one who did's name was crono. Christ...

Re: Crono please give me some pointers for realism

You completely missed the point. Neither of those are realistic.

Mat
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey
    You completely missed the point. Neither of those are realistic.
    facepalm... when I asked for pointers that is what I was talking about. I need to know exactly what I need to work on, not only that it is bad so please be more specific

It's not bad, it's just not realistic. Work on realism.

Obviously he means you need to work on realism. Like, all of it. Though, I suggest not trying to animate realism until you're much better at the basics in your own style.

Mat
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Schizzovism
    Obviously he means you need to work on realism. Like, all of it. Though, I suggest not trying to animate realism until you're much better at the basics in your own style.
    ... I am not one that takes sugestions from other beginners for I don'tsee them getting a higher rank, exactly why the thread is asking for Crono's help since he is a veteran and you are not, so please don't make sugestions to me unless you have something that can back up that they helped you-ish

Devoted Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Merk
    ... I am not one that takes sugestions from other beginners for I don'tsee them getting a higher rank, exactly why the thread is asking for Crono's help since he is a veteran and you are not, so please don't make sugestions to me unless you have something that can back up that they helped you-ish
    Schizzovism is aboslutely correct. Get the basics down before you go off trying some different style. Crono didn't start with realism; he was already in the Veterans section when he developed his current style.

oxymoron

Quote Originally Posted by Merk
    Then why not pm it to Crono instead of putting it into freestyle?

Anyway, if you're going for realism, make sure it actually looks like the movements that a person would do in real life. Not saying yours are bad or anything, but (for instance) that's not how someone would run, imo.

Don't be so arrogant; I may not animate much anymore, but that doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. Even if you ask Crono, he'll probably agree with me since he did say that his tutorial is for inters.

okay, now indeed it be best to attempt to get the basics down, but more of understanding. with crono's realism style, it's how you set each pose each frame.

though their first sentence on the tutorial is as follow * We advise you to read Baha's tutorial if you're a beginner. This tutorial is aimed at intermediate+ animators.

The advisory is there to head you from trying. Even though it's advisory, you may chose to take on the tut. what i suggest is you your self examine how you do things. Like go for a run and watch how the distance is between your feet as they come off the ground. It's best you study your movements just so you can see. Act out your run as if you were to put it into a 18 fps display loop of your run. Take note how your feet cross and position of your body which barely moves. Just watch the poses.

On the punch again do some simple punches of your own, note the way you begin to power up your punch aka size up your opponent. just swing your fist in punching motions your body doesn't bob back and forth in a convulsive action. with each punch you're 1: leaning your shoulder into it and 2: your body is easing into the punch. no erratic movements.

I personally suggest to follow suite like all other beginners and get the basic's some what down or at least an understanding of them before you take on the realism tut of Werez and crono where as it truly does scrap all that you learn and force you into a new direction. happy animating.

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast