Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Fox
    Dedicated Member

Explosion.... I took another stab at it. check it.

I took another try at the explosion do you guys think it is any better?
    First try

Second try
    Check out my thread.

Those who stay...those who run are nothing ,but cowards those who stay and fight learn and grow......I will stay and fight...

Re: explosion.... Kinda

I liked it quite a lot, but it looked like it faded from the outside to the inside not the other way around, so it looked weird. Other than that, good job
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

|PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |

That's actually pretty neat! The way the holes that form in the middle of it are a bit shaded makes the explosion look like it really has volume and isn't just a two-dimensional puff.

Generally to get more power out of any motion, you can just make it happen more suddenly. Explosions are very quick, and smoke slows down fast, so in this case deleting one or two frames in the very beginning of the explosion might give it more oomph. (although this could also make it sort of choppy and unappealing)

I'm sort of making stuff up right now, but these are the things I would think about if I were trying to make a powerful explosion. Hopefully they'll help a bit.

Something else you could try next time you animate one is to give the explosion some anticipation - let the viewer know what's going to happen, and then make it happen. If a bomb is set off, the person watching it expects it to explode. The longer you make them wait, the more they will be anticipating the explosion and the more impact it will have when it finally arrives.

Another thing is debris. When there is an explosion near something, the something is usually blown to pieces. But animating pieces of junk flying out of an explosion doesn't only help the visual appeal of it, it also gives the viewer a sense of how much matter the explosion can move (and how quickly). Large objects sent flying by an explosion will make it seem more powerful than an explosion of the same magnitude that only sends dust and smoke up into the air.

Hope that helps a little! I haven't animated many explosions, so not much of what I said is directly from experience, but perhaps it at least makes logical sense.

That was actually pretty ace, I liked the way it faded out from inside out, but I didn't like how the endings went back at some point, you should've just let that fade out to the other side a bit. Anyways, I suppose you'll do just fine, by reading GifGiff advice.

It needs more Power! Imo.
    and some fire at the beginning. Nice animation, though.
    well done! :]
    [center:3qhh2284][/center:3qhh2284]

Fanatic Enthusiast

That does look, REALLY cool, just delete some beggining frames for some more power.

Fox
    Dedicated Member

Re: explosion.... I took another stab at it. check it.

Thanks guys for the help. I tried to do what you all said i am pretty happy with the results ,but i want to see what all of you guys think.

The one thing i do know i will do next time is the little 3d effect i did in the first one and put it in one like the second one.... Well and any other changes you all suggest that will help it.
    Check out my thread.

Those who stay...those who run are nothing ,but cowards those who stay and fight learn and grow......I will stay and fight...

Re: Explosion.... I took another stab at it. check it.

That was pretty epic, I like the power, but the way it was totally dark gray is definitely a flaw. Also, try to fade it out more to the outside. Further had the explosion a bit a weird look on it. Still nice job.

Devoted Veteran

Re: Explosion.... I took another stab at it. check it.

Woah! Fox! This is Blue Phoenix. I never thought you'd come back, man. Good job on the explosion thar, mate. You fuckin' better be more active.