Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Looooong animation

Now, I know this is not a very good animation in some parts, but I am not one of those guys who just makes like 10 second clips of people shooting lasers or something that takes hours to make. I like making STORYLINES.

This is Part 2 of another animation of mine on my YouTube channel, but part 1 isn't very good. Listen with volume, because it has sound effects

[youtube:2j3u2d30]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mffXjMFUwOU[/youtube:2j3u2d30]

Oh, watch in HD and fullscreen to see the wordbubbles...(sorry about that) or just click it to go to the source video on my channel...

Give me your honest opinion, guys, but mostly on the story and idea, not as much as the animation itself.

Let me know if you want to see Part 1 aswell. Or you can just find it on my channel.

Re: Looooong animation

My honest opinion is that the storyline was very generic, and barely made any sense, I could barely read what they were saying at the start. The animation itself was ok, but that is why people focus on making short animations, to make the animation itself good, not to make storylines. But you did an ok job, I think you should sit down a write a script before doing everything else, because this looks like you made it up on the spot. If you really want to make a storylined animation, write up a script of the dialogue, try add the speech as annotations using the YouTube feature, write up a storyboard of what the key points are in each scene, and then animate it, but take more time focusing on the movements and the whole general quality of your animation.
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

|PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |

Banned

Eh, it was all right. I really didn't enjoy the insane amount of dialogue. It's based on a gun fight, so there really shouldn't be that much talking. Some of them are being shot at, yet they find the time to read out 10 seconds of dialogue. It didn't seem very realistic. Story was generic as Camel stated, and the whole thing sought of looked like a slide show. You need to work on getting your animation skills to at least a half-decent standard before expecting people to sit through a 4 minute video. I give you MAJOR props for animating something so long, and actually going to the trouble of putting in story. Don't quit doing that, because once you've improved animation wise, you'll make some really entertaining animations. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    My honest opinion is that the storyline was very generic, and barely made any sense, I could barely read what they were saying at the start. The animation itself was ok, but that is why people focus on making short animations, to make the animation itself good, not to make storylines. But you did an ok job, I think you should sit down a write a script before doing everything else, because this looks like you made it up on the spot. If you really want to make a storylined animation, write up a script of the dialogue, try add the speech as annotations using the YouTube feature, write up a storyboard of what the key points are in each scene, and then animate it, but take more time focusing on the movements and the whole general quality of your animation.

Thanks for your opinion. To be honest, it wasn't just made up on the spot. It was supposed to coincide (SP?) with the part 1 (Which sucks worse than this one. :|) And I didn't want to use YouTube's annotations feature because some people cannot view with annotations (iPod, etc.) and I could not post it anywhere else without it being a YouTube link.

You see, I released a "Trailer" onto my YouTube Channel, which played up to the point where he is blinded by the flashbang. Then, I left it to my (very few xD) subscribers to decide what happens next. One of them suggested he gets knocked out and taken hostage, so I went with that.

So, I'll work on it if I ever make a part 3. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojishi
    Eh, it was all right. I really didn't enjoy the insane amount of dialogue. It's based on a gun fight, so there really shouldn't be that much talking. Some of them are being shot at, yet they find the time to read out 10 seconds of dialogue. It didn't seem very realistic. Story was generic as Camel stated, and the whole thing sought of looked like a slide show. You need to work on getting your animation skills to at least a half-decent standard before expecting people to sit through a 4 minute video. I give you MAJOR props for animating something so long, and actually going to the trouble of putting in story. Don't quit doing that, because once you've improved animation wise, you'll make some really entertaining animations. Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback. Can you please point out a specific part where they are being shot at and reading? Because, hell, i didn't mean to if there is a part like that. :| If you are talking about when he is standing at the door (In the FPS perspective) he already killed the guy who was shooting at him... idk.

Thanks again.