Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wallflip fad

wallflip fad

|Forum Rules||My Thread|

if you guys need any help or advices add me.

Re: wallflip fad

other than the fact that he floated on the wall for a bit after the swing part it was really good.
    [center:1unt1isk]
    -Streak[/center:1unt1isk]

Fanatic Enthusiast

It's differant, which is great

It's well executed and different than most wall-flips, which is cool. But a few of the poses were bad and the second jump after the swinging bit sucked. Seems like the physics were all wrong. Also, work on rolls 'cause you animated it kind of badly.

Actually, the entire second half was pretty bad.
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

Quote Originally Posted by Crono
    It's well executed and different than most wall-flips, which is cool. But a few of the poses were bad and the second jump after the swinging bit sucked. Seems like the physics were all wrong. Also, work on rolls 'cause you animated it kind of badly.

Actually, the entire second half was pretty bad.
    well yeah, thanks i appreciate it. I don't think it looks that bad.
    |Forum Rules||My Thread|

Yeah the wallflip was nice, except from a physics point of view, doing that in real life would make you slip, and the push-off was hardly noticable.

And yeah, the back roll's legs were bad imo too.

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb
    Yeah the wallflip was nice, except from a physics point of view, doing that in real life would make you slip, and the push-off was hardly noticable.

And yeah, the back roll's legs were bad imo too.
    nice how much people dislike my roll. I didn't want to do that roll everyone does. Its not like that i don't know how to animate a roll...
    but yeah, you guys are right. If I would animate serious it wouldn't be in freestyle.
    |Forum Rules||My Thread|

I don't see whats so bad about it, and he put the animation on freestyle for a reason lol.
    To me it looks really awesome Blade.

You're implying everyone animates a roll the same way - which isn't so. The roll looked bad, and you can't really use an excuse to justify it because well it looked bad. You could have animated a unique roll well and then you wouldn't have to make up an excuse. It's kind of different when it's something like foot placement, which anyone at your level (or an intermediate level) could handle, because foot placement is so insignificant in comparison to actual movements and poses (off foot placement doesn't mean wrong poses but, at times, wrong pose placement (notice I said 'at times', as I often animate the feet differently)) but when you butcher a movement and try to cover it up by saying 'I animated it differently on purpose' when you in fact just animated the roll badly is kind of lame.

Just practice the rolls man. Once you get them down, you can animate them every time.

Or you could animate a roll that looks good and back your.. excuse up. It's not a big deal that you animated a roll wrong man. It just seems like you always take offense to comments and try to make up some bullshit. I went through that same thing when I was intermediate-veteran and now I realize it's stupid. If you have a legitimate reason behind something it's okay to defend but the excuse you just used is lame and seems invalid.

/FUCKING RANT

Also it kind of makes you look like a poon. Don't take offense to my comment, I'm only giving you advice.
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

Quote Originally Posted by Crono

You're implying everyone animates a roll the same way - which isn't so. The roll looked bad, and you can't really use an excuse to justify it because well it looked bad. You could have animated a unique roll well and then you wouldn't have to make up an excuse. It's kind of different when it's something like foot placement, which anyone at your level (or an intermediate level) could handle, because foot placement is so insignificant in comparison to actual movements and poses (off foot placement doesn't mean wrong poses but, at times, wrong pose placement (notice I said 'at times', as I often animate the feet differently)) but when you butcher a movement and try to cover it up by saying 'I animated it differently on purpose' when you in fact just animated the roll badly is kind of lame.

Just practice the rolls man. Once you get them down, you can animate them every time.

Or you could animate a roll that looks good and back your.. excuse up. It's not a big deal that you animated a roll wrong man. It just seems like you always take offense to comments and try to make up some bullshit. I went through that same thing when I was intermediate-veteran and now I realize it's stupid. If you have a legitimate reason behind something it's okay to defend but the excuse you just used is lame and seems invalid.

/FUCKING RANT

Also it kind of makes you look like a poon. Don't take offense to my comment, I'm only giving you advice.
    Word!

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast