Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

I simply cannot animate acrobatics

[center:3l4ix6q5][tn=700:3l4ix6q5]http://yourimg.in/m/r19370t.gif[/tn:3l4ix6q5]
    Inspired by Steven.
    Unfinished because I couldn't animate an ending at all

so yeah whatever
    [/center:3l4ix6q5]

Zax

Re: I simply cannot animate acrobatics

I thought that was one of your good ones, Kellawgs. I actually really liked that.
    I'm Back

Banned

The front flip was excellent!

Mat
    Banned

Just because it's unrealistic doesn't mean it's bad. It looked really cool dude.

Thanks guys!

I expected to get comments like: "RUN WAS TERRIBLE SPACING WAS TERRIBLE MOMENTUM WAS WAY OFF AND THOSE MOVES WERE IMPOSSIBLE."

But I didn't......THANKS!

Fanatic Enthusiast

RUN WAS TERRIBLE SPACING WAS TERRIBLE MOMENTUM WAS WAY OFF AND THOSE MOVES WERE IMPOSSIBLE

jk, I still love you.
    Those movements were just fine, its a good thing you freestyled it imo

Lol saw that coming ^

Thanks for the reply man.

Alright, I see a few major flaws. But first, you did well to animate a buildup. Lately I've seen animators just go balls-deep right out of the fucking gate, but you took the time to animate a run into the flip. So good job there.

However, the build up pose for the first flip is awkward as fuck. The arms need to tuck back further, and fling forward to compensate for the movement you attempted to animate. Watch your animation a few times; notice how the stick kind of uses it's arms to power the flip (kind of being the key word, there needs to be much more power in the arms)? That looks weird and wrong. The stick went far too high as well.

Also, after the first front-flip the stick landed, took a second to absorb impact and then did a mother fucking back-flip. That means you totally changed the momentum, which actually almost ruins the animation man. And it kind of bothers me that you didn't bother to animate a landing. The stick went too high on the second flip as well, and the stick didn't move to the right enough. But that can be overlooked as the momentum was already shot.
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

Quote Originally Posted by Crono
    Alright, I see a few major flaws. But first, you did well to animate a buildup. Lately I've seen animators just go balls-deep right out of the fucking gate, but you took the time to animate a run into the flip. So good job there.

However, the build up pose for the first flip is awkward as fuck. The arms need to tuck back further, and fling forward to compensate for the movement you attempted to animate. Watch your animation a few times; notice how the stick kind of uses it's arms to power the flip (kind of being the key word, there needs to be much more power in the arms)? That looks weird and wrong. The stick went far too high as well.

Also, after the first front-flip the stick landed, took a second to absorb impact and then did a mother fucking back-flip. That means you totally changed the momentum, which actually almost ruins the animation man. And it kind of bothers me that you didn't bother to animate a landing. The stick went too high on the second flip as well, and the stick didn't move to the right enough. But that can be overlooked as the momentum was already shot.
    Awesome.

Thanks for the advice Crono, after I get back home from school I think I'll re-try the whole animation (but without the backflip shit).