Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Sheesh

Sheesh

After years of not animating, and never having skill in the first place, I came up with something pretty terrible.. enjoy!
    http://i.imgur.com/p5BZ6.gif

Anyway. I've had a lot of free time since I recently moved, and my job only giving me around 20 hours a week so I've decided to give this whole animating thing another try. Which admittedly probably won't last long, but will help with the boredom. Which pivot are people using now a days? 2, 3, new one?

Oh and I know arms can't bend like that after doing a backflip, so for the sake of this "animation" they can
    [center:spejwvlf][/center:spejwvlf]

Re: Sheesh

Looked better at a higher framerate, but idk how to save it at a higher one in Pivot 3 so I'ma switch back over to Pivot 2. Still just getting basics down before I attempt to make something worth watching.

This is still good man. You'll pick it up sooner than you think if you keep practicing. The anims seem a bit shakey, so just try to fix that and go with the flow.

Banned

Yeah, good stuff man. Your moving all the joints in all the frames, which is great. It's mainly your spacing at times which appear a little shaky. Just make sure it's consistent with previous frames and it slows down or speeds up over a series of frames.

Good to see you back, even though I don't know you personally.

Quote Originally Posted by H bomb
    This is still good man. You'll pick it up sooner than you think if you keep practicing. The anims seem a bit shakey, so just try to fix that and go with the flow.
    Yea I've always seemed to have shaky parts in my animations, going to try working on that more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojishi
    Yeah, good stuff man. Your moving all the joints in all the frames, which is great. It's mainly your spacing at times which appear a little shaky. Just make sure it's consistent with previous frames and it slows down or speeds up over a series of frames.

Good to see you back, even though I don't know you personally.
    I've been trying to make things look more realistic. I find myself always going back and fixing frames because the spacing was even worse than the finished product, gotta keep working on that, but I guess that will come with practice.

Thanks for the comments and criticism. This place has grown a lot on that aspect. There very appreciated. If anyone has any .pivs they could link me to so I can study some movements that'd be great too. I find myself going back an editing frames a lot because the movements look very "off" making it a very long process animating something so short.

Anyway.. some more practice:

Flume

Aside from working on more consistent spacing, I'd say increase your spacing as well, your movements seem a bit slow. And don't worry about the editing thing, I tend to animate by doing a quick change in pose etc for the frame, then see how it looks, edit it to my liking then animate the next one.

But yes over time it will become easier, and I'm sure you will develop your skills quite quickly seeing as you used to animate around here. I remember reading your tutorial ages ago along with some others, made 1 or 2 pivots and just came back to DD a couple months ago

Suss out http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plcp
    Tutorials from OblivionFall a current elite, I think the combo tutorial has a link to the piv that he is animating in the video.

ℋope

That one is your best until now, it's nicely smooth.
    But there is alot of shakyness.
    The arms are not consitstent eased, they have to accelerate, and slow down at the end of the move.

Glad that you are back, SuperSupra.