Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

my latest freestyle

No poll needed this time , here's a short and sweet freestyle I animated... My goal was to work on the easing and flow in this animation.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1342866238.gif[/img]
    [Low beginner - i don't think so ]

Neo

Re: my latest freestyle

ok, it is very stiff and choppy and has no flow at all, most importantly is the easing, no easing whatsoever, I strongly recommend you check the tutorial section and learn how to remove these flaws from your animations. As for stiffness, to fix this, just move every joint in every frame, you have a lot of work to do.

~low beginner~

|Pivot|YouTube|Easytoon|Flash|Animation Blog|Want some CC?

Ranks
    Spoiler:
    Intermediate: 11th November 2012

I don't think you have fully understood what easing is, and how you use it(I used to have the same problem, don't worry). Easing is starting a movement slowly, and make the movement go faster and faster. At the end of the movement, you should make it go slower and slower.

You also might wanna work on is your footplacement. When the stickfigure walks, you should make one of his feet stay at the exact same spot as it did the frame before, untill you decide to move this foot. Basically, you will always have to go to the previous frame to see if it looks good, and basically spend more time with the animation.

Another really important thing is to move every joint(red circle thingy) every frame, so it doesn't look as stiff.

I suggest reading tutorials about easing and such, and also maybe downloading some higher ranked animators' animation, so you can study how they animate.

Anyways, hopefully I haven't been too harsh, I don't think I have, but maybe it is from your perspective. I see some potential, and just keep working and you'll be better :] Do some simple tests to learn all the basics, and you will improve by time.
    [center:396xmtyf]My thread|My Youtube[/center:396xmtyf]

Quote Originally Posted by Talkiewalkie
    I don't think you have fully understood what easing is, and how you use it(I used to have the same problem, don't worry). Easing is starting a movement slowly, and make the movement go faster and faster. At the end of the movement, you should make it go slower and slower.

You also might wanna work on is your footplacement. When the stickfigure walks, you should make one of his feet stay at the exact same spot as it did the frame before, untill you decide to move this foot. Basically, you will always have to go to the previous frame to see if it looks good, and basically spend more time with the animation.

Another really important thing is to move every joint(red circle thingy) every frame, so it doesn't look as stiff.

I suggest reading tutorials about easing and such, and also maybe downloading some higher ranked animators' animation, so you can study how they animate.

Anyways, hopefully I haven't been too harsh, I don't think I have, but maybe it is from your perspective. I see some potential, and just keep working and you'll be better :] Do some simple tests to learn all the basics, and you will improve by time.
    I went through some tutorials but I'll do as you suggested study a higher animators animation ,my running and walking I gota work on foot spacing ne so I goto hit the tuts again mxm