Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Got Lazy

Veteran Enthusiast

Got Lazy

Really wanted to focus on the explosive start out of the blocks, but it didn't work out. May go back and edit it so it does have more of a race start. I am happy with the ready and set part. Go just didn't work out

Banned

Re: Got Lazy

When he was pushing off, the foot he was pushing off with needs to give a bit, the shin/calf could move back a bit and allow the foot to bend, at the moment it looks really stiff and unnatural.
    The foot placement was off but that's probably the anti aliasing.
    When he took off, it looked too jerky, he went up and then jerked down really fast, it looked a bit shaky.
    The poses were pretty good, let him look up maybe when he's on the blocks.

Overall, I thought this was a nice animation considering your rust so I would say keep that up!

Edit: The letters moved a bit on the word 'set' but that may have been deliberate?

Veteran Enthusiast Sharpshooter's Avatar

Good animation Blot. I love how you animate things no body else would animate in pivot, like sporty animations, it's a breath of fresh air. The only real problem in the above animation is the 4 or 5 frozen frames right before the "go"; some subtle movement instead would look better.

Nice work mate, courtesy returned

Veteran Enthusiast

I tried to make a bouncy style during those 4 frames, but it looked shaky.

The animation looks excelent, except for the footplacement which is a bit shaky. Really good job, though. Nice to see someone animating something different.
    [center:396xmtyf]My thread|My Youtube[/center:396xmtyf]

Banned

Hi Blot. I think the main problem you have with the go part is the momentum. Although there is none in the frames before he runs, because he is static, the pose is suggested that his torso should move more forward, rather than up. Indeed, his torso should end up going upwards, but there needs to be a 'curve' towards that pose, with forward momentum first.

I just looked at some Olympic running videos, and they go into an upward run very fast, but this would be too hard to animate in 16FPS pivot, which I think you tried to do. If any of this needs further explaining I could try to illustrate what I mean, if you want.

Veteran Enthusiast

yeah I watched some also and tried replicating it. It truly is hard to do in pivot. Though I like the fact my need for sporting originality animations was acknowledged by Sharpshooter. Ice Skating, Tennis, now a Running Start. Might have to do this more often, or possibly a collab!