Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Layoutt

Layoutt

Just a stalled layout, good enough for thread?

Veteran Enthusiast

Re: Layoutt

The spacing increase is a bit too much for the legs during the flip. I see what you were trying to do, but it was overdone.

Enthusiast

great work, but i don't like the layout pose. I just think it looks way cooler when the guy whips his head back, although i know that technique is improper, it looks much better from an animation standpoint. look at how they do it in double layouts.

http://**********.com/img/1362492449.gif
    edit- I made a reference example for you here. note the frame it stops on.

coming from a gymanstics background flips like that make me cringe, but I guess they look better animated, thanks for the advice blot, I'll try to fix it

Alright I think I fixed it... Looking any better?

Veteran Enthusiast

looks better!

Flume

I think he should pull his back leg in a bit more as he goes in for the round off, seems a bit of a stretched position to start one from, it feels like it would have looked better had it been planted a bit behind his centre of gravity but not as far away as you had it. His front leg also seemed to bend a bit too much on the round off but then again I don't know a whole lot about tumbling so correct me if I'm wrong.

I also feel he gained a bit too much momentum from the round off, he didn't appear to be running in that fast than in a sudden burst he gained a heap of speed.

Lastly, you should make him pop back up from the landing pose and have his arms swing back to a more relaxed position, bring his head back up etc. Movements look much better completed, and at the moment it looks awkward the way he finishes. A lot of the time my favourite parts of wray's tumbling anims is the alternate way he gets his stick to land at the end, whether it be falling, stumbling or sticking it perfectly - its a part of the animation that shouldn't be overlooked.

Otherwise thats looking pretty good man.