Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acrobatics.

Acrobatics.

[tn=900:2e5xdib5]http://i.imgur.com/daB8cqq.gif[/tn:2e5xdib5]

Personally, I quite like it.

The Little Frij

Re: Acrobatics.

I think I have an idea of who it is. It looks good but some of the flips don't look right. This is probably because the stick just goes into the flip without any buildup if you know what I mean.

Veteran Enthusiast

I'd say around med beginner. The movements are choppy and stiff.

Hehe, probably not my best work then.

I think the main problem is how abrupt and sudden the first flips, there is no real wind up to them or anything and they kinda just come out of nowhere. And if there is... its not noticeable through the stiff choppy movements like Blot said. Flesh the poses out a little bit more and make some preparation for the flip a little more visible.

As for the rest of the animation you need to be a little more careful with the blend of poses you use in conjunction with spacing. If you're gonna be heavy spacing you NEED to have defined and clear poses so that all the movements are perfectly clear within the large spacing. Otherwise you kind of just end up with this blur of a stickman sliding across your screen.

You've got some spacing inconsistencies too when he changes direction. The idea of flow is of course trying to lock your movements together without having to ease. But in a situation where your stick figure is facing a wall and needs to change direction you almost always have to ease, so don't half ass it. Right now it looks like you've just eased for a couple of frames to slow him down then you suddenly decided you wanted to go balls to wall and bust out the heavy spacing again with no build up which is of course essential to an eased movement. Overall ide say try to plan your animations a little more. And once finished you should take some time to ponder on the finished result and refine the movements. Whoever you are you seem to be a half decent animator so you should be above issues that take 30 second to fix.

Medium beginner overall.
    Moonlight Road: 210/600

You're bang on with your criticisms, I'm surprised I didn't fix it while I was going along. So I've taken your CC into account and mashed together an edit but I'm still not entirely happy with it. I made the poses bolder and bigger, made a bigger build up (There was but it was only 1 frame), edited some frames in here and there to make it slower and eased the changing direction a bit more.

[spoiler:3eizcgez][tn=900:3eizcgez]http://i.imgur.com/6sxXnYY.gif[/tn:3eizcgez]

Any better?[/spoiler:3eizcgez]

Banned

Ah shit, I coloured my text. Old habits. I'm still open for opinions though.

The Little Frij

I still think that the last frontflip from the very edge of the canvas has no real buildup, it just seems as if he's just floating. It could just be me though.

Veteran Enthusiast

I'll move this to freestyle since it's obvious it's static. To be honest pal, I didn't think it was you. You can do heaps better than this.

Banned

I know. Maybe I'm rusty or maybe I need to practise acrobatics. :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast