Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Deimos

Thread: My second animation ever

My second animation ever

What do you guys think? Please help me improve

For your second animation ever, that was really good! It was both creative and entertaining. For some reason, the real beginner animations, people's first couple animations, seem to have a certain "charm" or "innocence" that can't be found anywhere else, which I find fascinating.

I really enjoyed the animation. You have some really creative ideas and if you brush up on the basics of animating, you'll be making fluid animations in no time. I'd recommend practicing just basic movements such as walking, running, punching or shooting guns. Make some quick tests animating basic movements and then post the .gif in the beginner's animation and showoff thread to get some quick critique on them.

Of course, the Pivot Tutorials section is great for reference and help when you're confused on how to animate something. I'll link to a couple tutorials to help you get started. Just take a look at them and make a couple animations following the steps outlined in each one.
    Movement Spacing in Pivot
    Running Tutorial

You're doing a good job, keep practicing and keep up the good work!
    ThaPivMaster likes this.
    v The Thread v

Thanks man, I really appreciate that , oh and awesome animation, I'll go testing some things out now.

And here's a test I made yesterday. What do you think about it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NxD1RQYHik

That's great, you're combing all kinds of elements into a single test which is a good thing to do. The gunshot was pretty good, the one thing to work on would be the sniper's reaction to the gunshot. He kind of jerks upwards, which just a tad bit awkward. The force of the gunshot would push backwards against him so the reaction should move more backwards than upwards.

You've got the basic idea of gun flares, camera movements, lighting and blood down. Each one of those elements can be given their own test animations (but I'll admit, tests aren't necessarily fun. It's more fun to apply what you're learning into a longer animation, which is fine as well).

I'll just touch momentarily on blood. Blood looks best when it's done it particles or several different sticks. It takes quite a bit of patience to animate blood, so if you're ready to tackle that be ready to put some time and effort into it!

You're off to a great start, keep up the good work!
    v The Thread v

Lemme CnC this...
    You need to make the blood flow so it look more nicer, and add more easing.. easing will make the animation epic. but you did a good job btw.
    Imma Flash/Pivot animator

Okay, I'll get working on it