Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 30 day challenge

Banned

30 day challenge

Yep, I'm doing one now and I reckon I can do it. I'm motivated but rusty so I'm trying to get my swing back.

Day 1: I am really rusty, can't finish because I just can't. Day 1

Day 2: I like this one. Day 2

Day 3: First time animating properly with a sword. The base is a bit disproportionate but oh well. Day 3

Day 4: Continued off of an old animation which I made 3 years ago or something because it's fun. I'm happy with everything except for the last few frames. Day 4

Day 5: I like everything except for the last bit, after many many attempts, it still looked wrong but oh well.
    Day 5

Day 6: My favorite animation ever Day 6

Day 7: I like this one. Day 7

Day 8: Eh. Day 8

Day 9/10: I might thread this, depending on the feedback I get. It took so long to get it looping smoothly. Day 9/10

Day 11: Surpise! Day 11
    Last edited by Crunchy; 12 Jul 2013 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Day11 is up

DD addict
    I can tell that Garbear inspired you to do this :I

Rust is just a myth, its an excuse for not trying at all. You just need to have patience and remember everything you knew. I know this because i used to blame it on rust but its just laziness. Your animation looked really rushed, like you didnt take your time on it and just wanted it to get out. Great animations dont just appear, they are made by taking time and editing them till they are perfect.
    Add Me On Skype: HMajik66

ajS

I agree bruhda

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sifterpivoter View Post
    I can tell that Garbear inspired you to do this :I
    No, it was Will actually

Quote Originally Posted by Merkury View Post
    Rust is just a myth, its an excuse for not trying at all. You just need to have patience and remember everything you knew. I know this because i used to blame it on rust but its just laziness. Your animation looked really rushed, like you didnt take your time on it and just wanted it to get out. Great animations dont just appear, they are made by taking time and editing them till they are perfect.
    I disagree, I was trying lots on that. I just can't get it right at the moment, hence why I made this thread. I'm out of practice so I'm trying to get it back again.

Veteran Enthusiast

You get rusty after months of not animating, not weeks. I hadn't animated in a few months and I did that joint with Wray and it was one of my best things. Merk is right, rust is basically a myth unless it's been months (more than 4).

Anyway. There are so many gaps where more frames need to be, I'm surprised you didn't see that.

Banned
    Hmm, you guys are probably right. However, even if it isn't rust, my animations are still lacking their quality and I am putting in the effort.

Day 2 is up!

Banned
    Day 2 was awesome. Nice job. The backgrounds and the sticks were great.

Veteran Enthusiast

Nice work! I'd prefer to see something other than the default stick, and also his back arm should come back more for the power of the bowl. Anyway, still looking much better man, great idea for an animation.

Banned
    Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

Day 3 is up!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast