Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By wraybies

Thread: Gunshot

Enthusiast

Gunshot

animated this real quick to explain to nide how to animate a gunshot. decided to post it because it's not acrobatics.
    Hunter, Acid, Jojishi and 1 others like this.

Veteran Enthusiast

I think the empty shell coming out of the gun is completely wrong. The physics are way too floaty for that sort of animation. The recoil is nicely done though.

DD addict
    The gun shot is well made. And you don't want to post acrobatics because...?

Enthusiast

people get tired of my acrobatics

Shy
    I like it but the hand placement on the weapon isn't static at all, he been buttering toast with his nubs? Also the slide, was it intentionally done so it sort of well slides along and doesnt have a fix position on top of the gun? I like it though, feels quite gimicky rather than all serious and hugely realistic.

Flume

Quote Originally Posted by Shy View Post
    I like it but the hand placement on the weapon isn't static at all, he been buttering toast with his nubs? Also the slide, was it intentionally done so it sort of well slides along and doesnt have a fix position on top of the gun? I like it though, feels quite gimicky rather than all serious and hugely realistic.
    The hand placement was most likely because he animated it quickly for the sake of example.

The shell felt a bit over done, at least to me (I know little about guns) but other than that I liked it.

Enthusiast

yeah i always overdo stuff in the air because i like to emphasize in-air movements. they make animations more dramatic and dynamic if you ask me. I really want the shellcasing to be noticed and paid attention to. In the future though because you guys don't like it I will make it much quicker and have much less hangtime.

yeah i did do the hands fast but i kinda wanted the hand jerking to look like he was pulling the trigger even though he doesnt have fingers, i wanted to emphasize that the hand would have to gesture a little bit.