Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Enthusiast

Blocking Concept

this is an example with something other than a gymnast stickfigure of how the concept of blocking works. It may help anyone who is having trouble with my tutorial. this was done real quickly but it def. gets the point across. 24 fps

I like it, it looks pretty awesome. I only think the ball wouldn't lose speed that fast and go nearly straight down, but otherwise an incredible animation and pretty helpful for basically anyone who's still trying to learn stuff around this. Plus, you're much better at this so you probably know what you are doing and probably will find me a complete dumbass for this xP

Enthusiast

watch those post dates dude thats one hell of a bump around the freestyle board. thanks for the comment though

Quote Originally Posted by TheropodaGFX View Post
    I like it, it looks pretty awesome. I only think the ball wouldn't lose speed that fast and go nearly straight down, but otherwise an incredible animation and pretty helpful for basically anyone who's still trying to learn stuff around this. Plus, you're much better at this so you probably know what you are doing and probably will find me a complete dumbass for this xP
    Sorry to continue to bump this but it depends on the coefficient of restitution between the ball and the triangle, or how bouncy it is. If the ball is very unbouncy then it could easily lose a lot of momentum.

Enthusiast

exactly, thus is determined by the speed of the legs snapping to straight for the jump out of the roundoff, and also the height of the chest. a person executing the proper landing technique to get air from a momentum transfering setup like a roundoff, TD raiz, or cartwheel would be in essence using a bouncier ball on the surface

Fanatic Enthusiast

basically, 0:15 is blocking.

My bad. I'll pay more attention next time