Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Raymond

Thread: Arch- Just a quick test

Mat
    Banned

Arch- Just a quick test

Yeah I was just trying some shit out and experimenting with a few poses. Feedback appreciated.

.gif file messes with the speed a tad.

Enthusiast

Foot placement and flow along with physics all look off, nice try though.....

DD addict
    It's sorta okay, at some point since you respected some aspects of such acrobatics moves, but everything else needs work.
    As it seems, you rushed this animation. I can tell. As a consequence, you ignored the footplacement wich is keeping the feet stuck into the ground untill the anticipation for the next step, as well as th other basics like easing, flow, smoothness and such; Also, as The Black Mamba stated, you physics are off because you didn't consider weight and momentum. Take for example the back flip, when doing such a thing, the vertical momentum gets converted to a horizontal momentum, therefore, the guy should have gone further when he did the flip, and there's the air time that needs to be summarized.
    You won't get acrobtics right from the beginning, trust me on this one. But if you worked hard, you'll get somewhere. If you found some time, that is.

Mat
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daso View Post
    Nice :I
    Seriously... I hate useless comments like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifterpivoter View Post
    It's sorta okay, at some point since you respected some aspects of such acrobatics moves, but everything else needs work.
    As it seems, you rushed this animation. I can tell. As a consequence, you ignored the footplacement wich is keeping the feet stuck into the ground untill the anticipation for the next step, as well as th other basics like easing, flow, smoothness and such; Also, as The Black Mamba stated, you physics are off because you didn't consider weight and momentum. Take for example the back flip, when doing such a thing, the vertical momentum gets converted to a horizontal momentum, therefore, the guy should have gone further when he did the flip, and there's the air time that needs to be summarized.
    You won't get acrobtics right from the beginning, trust me on this one. But if you worked hard, you'll get somewhere. If you found some time, that is.
    Thanks mate. Greatly appreciated. I've done only acrobatics for like 2 years now, I'm just rusty as fuck right now.

Lol sifter, Arch used to be intermediate from purely acrobatics.

But yeah, you need to kinda find your twitch again. The windup for the backspring could use a frame or 2 more, the knee could be bent a bit more before the flip and generally your physics are pretty off. Try moving the center of gravity to the right consistently while he's flipping, he doesn't seem to do that now.

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

This remembers me of Wray tut, I want to make something but I'm afraid of doing crap, this is good man, reading the comments I think I don't have much to say ,-,

The Green Boss

There are some great poses there well done man.

Tychus Findlay

Like Juke said, the poses were pretty good for the tricks you were going for, but the spacing is out of wack. Like right before the backhand spring his center origin goes from moving to the right, to quickly moving back to the left right before his pelvic area is thrusted into the air, so it makes it look jumpy.

I actually really like this, the biggest problem I'm seeing with your style right now is inconsitency with your spacing. Mainly the horizontal movement of his origin thoroughout the animation. It keeps slowing down and speeding up. Try to make that one smooth consistent movement next time. Everything else looks pretty good tho.

Also Daso, try to make your comments at least 3 words. Arch gains nothing from hearing his animation was "sweet". I'm sure he thought that himself anyways lol.
    Mat likes this.