Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jojishi
  • 1 Post By Jojishi
  • 1 Post By Raymond

Thread: Effects and Physics Test

Banned

Effects and Physics Test

Nothing much. The leaves could have a little more weight to them though... Credits to Yogurt (once again) for the base.

Here's the Pivot File if anyone wants it.
    Amir likes this.

Enthusiast

You could of made the ground shake a little, and I agree with you about the leaves. They look like they're in slow motion. Other than that it looks great.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Mamba View Post
    You could of made the ground shake a little, and I agree with you about the leaves. They look like they're in slow motion. Other than that it looks great.
    I originally wanted to make the ground shake, but it just made his foot steps look heavy instead. Thanks for the comment.

Puddin
    I messed around a bit, i fucked up the ground and the leaves lol srry but i added the ground shaking effect.

looks much worse in my opinion lol

Banned
    That's cool Echo.

The shake looks fine but the leaves need more flow in them. They move to the right, stop, then to the left, and stop. The change in direction is good but you need to keep a sort of constant and light spacing. You could show the leaf dropping as it sways side to side.

You did a nice continuation and I'm actually happy to see something like that.
    Echo likes this.

Fanatic Enthusiast

They're all moving the same speed which is a big no no.
    Also, i think they're all moving too slow near to the end, it would make more sense if there was a big dust cloud behind the man, and then the leaves would have a reason to fall slow because there's a dust cloud circulating beneath them.

That looks nice man, but as everyone else said, the leaves slow down and they look like they're in slow-mo, maybe a little more spacing in there, but it's nice, I've tried that and it was a kick in the ass to pay attention to all the leaves at the same time D;<

Working on LVD2!
    Looks pretty good, I liked the background and effect, but the movement of the leaves downwar is too slow and looking bad in my opinion.
    Still think you're one of the best epic pivot animators in the whole world, this is a freestyle so I guess you didn't spent in this so much.
    you suould get Elite. Good luck with DBZ 4!

3hunnit

That was dope but I feel like an element is missing... like a dust trail or something

Tychus Findlay

Quote Originally Posted by Slushie View Post
    That was dope but I feel like an element is missing... like a dust trail or something
    Yea the dust trail idea would of made this look a lot better. I feel like it would have helped demonstrate the power in his run. Also, I know this has been mentioned already, but the leaves come to a crawl mid air. The best way to avoid this would be to incorporate another factor into the animation like wind. This way the leaves won't seem as static and they won't all move in the same general motion. Since they all make like an arc in the air and then slowly lower down at the same time. It might of even looked better if you had each leave move in like a wave formation since he's running over top of them. The first leaves he kicks up would be a little bit ahead of the ones he stepped on previously. So for example the leaves all the way on the right would be higher than the ones on the left because the ones on the left would already be in the process of falling while the ones he just kicked up would still be slowing down to their peak height. I probably made that really difficult to understand, but in short just try to make it seem like the leaves aren't so glued together by an invisible wire or something. And I'm sorry I'm pointing out all the negatives in this comment. It's a neat animation, I really like the speed effect you added.
    Jojishi likes this.