Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lush

Thread: Blood Effect

Banned

Blood Effect

Pivot File

This took quite a few days to make. I still don't think it looks bloody enough though. With the way I currently animate blood, I think the particles get small too quickly. I've included the PIV file in case anyone wants to use this.

Flume

God damn there are a lot particles there, looks nice.

For criticism, I'd say the way they lose all sideward momentum then fall straight done looks a touch off, I'd keep the curved trajectory going a bit more for the particles as they fly up then down whilst still travel to the side. At the moment it's almost like they hit an invisible barrier than fall. The other adjustment I'd make is a bit more variation in the degradation of certain spurts of the particles, they all lose a lot of size quickly and around the same time which you said yourself. That outlying cluster that seems to go up and curve to the right seems a touch to far from the main cluster, I'd maybe shift that a bit closer to the main pack. Other than that, solid work!

Oh, in case I forgot, which I think I did, your blood in your BC3 joint was spectacular - amazing job.
    Jojishi likes this.

Great out burst of the blood at the start! Though I have to agree with what lush said with the sudden stop of the blood's arc of movement, blood always goes in a certain way and it never just goes straight down once it reaches its peak. It has a trail-way sort of line that it has to go through and because of gravity, gravity pushes that trail down gradually, it's sort of like water, well blood is water, so think of it as water.

Anyway here's a tutorial that helped me a lot with my blood, made by corn; Blood_explanation by Guest
    It's in flash but I guess you can apply the same rules in pivot(ish)

Working on LVD2!
    That looks quit amazing, but I gonna give CC: I think you should do another colors to the blood...not just one kind of red. The blood need to move fast at the start, you did it good, and then to slow down and move down fast, you did it wrong because some of the red blood dots moved down like in slow mo. Other thing that I think it was wrong is that the red dots moved down together....they should move in random directions.... and it seems like lot of the blood dots at the same size...not something that so matter but it will be good if you fix it. I fucking love it. One of the best blood effects that I've ever seen.

I wanted to tell everything as soon as I saw this anim man, but they commented first :C

Banned
    Am I supposed to CC the whole thing or just the stick? It looks way too copypasta, so I would make different sizes and maybe 3-4 different blood sequences. Also what makes blood, blood is the thickness and form of it, balls are more of a quick burst, and instead of making them disappear, maybe make them all fall down into some huge splatter? It needs a lot liquidy strings and huge bucket throws, you can have as many particles as you want like here, but they should be more in one place and less obviously copypastad. Different velocities help a lot ofc.

Banned
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll work on it a lot more next time. I'll try not to make it stop like it hits an invisible barrier and I'll also take the other points into account from now on.

3hunnit

Yeah like everyone said that blood should keep a constant speed. I don't think the particles shrunk too fast, seems cool with me