Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Senzo
  • 1 Post By Crunchy

Thread: Realistic Object Throw

Realistic Object Throw

Just I quick thing I made...
    Sharp, Ussay, Raymond and 1 others like this.

Banned
    That was pretty slick and all, but I really dislike the throwing arm. It bends weirdly so it looks like he's broken it, and then the ball came off at a funny angle for an underarm throw. But elsewhere it was very good. 8/10 would bang.

Mat
    Banned
    I thought it looked really realistic. His arm didn't break, it just bent differently when he brought his forearm up for the throw. It's hard to explain, but I assure you it's fairly accurate, just could have been done smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    That was pretty slick and all, but I really dislike the throwing arm. It bends weirdly so it looks like he's broken it, and then the ball came off at a funny angle for an underarm throw. But elsewhere it was very good. 8/10 would bang.
    115.7% agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    Nope nope nope man, look at his like if you were doing it, he's not moving his arm down and up, he's doing it side to side.

Banned
    It still looks a bit funny in my eyes.
    Ussay likes this.

Tychus Findlay

The wind up was perfect, but the throw was sort of off. When throwing the ball, he needs to swing his other arm (the one he's holding out in front of him to eye up his angle) behind him. It's almost like running, when you swing your arms back and forth it helps generate momentum. When you throw that arm behind him, it helps generate force behind the ball as he brings his throwing arm forward. Also, the arm he's throwing with looks odd because he generates all that power in his wind up, and then just does a little side arm toss. Next time try bringing his hand thats holding the ball up higher while it's behind him. Like between the height of his neck and head. He swings his arm back so fast and then it just stops so abruptly. All the flow is lost, but if you brought his arm up a bit higher and raised his hand up to his head level and then swung forward, it would flow together a lot better.

Fuck man, I always go on a huge rant in these freestyle threads. It's a great animation. I'm just really glad to see you posting something.

Working on LVD2!
    Senzo is an active elite or not? Nice animation Btw, rialistic ...

Enthusiast

I think some pro baseball players throw like that, they don't all swing the opposite arm. Don't really know what you were aiming for though.

Enthusiast

I might disagree with the realistic part of this title. it is very well animated, and you technically used all the proper poses for a good overhand throw, it's just that they were in an odd order and combined improperly. a good throw uses the step down onto the front foot to use all of the momentum for the ball being thrown, and has a much wider arm circle. also the foot that is lifted is not a step, it's simply a lift to shift the weight forward (front foot go up, front foot go down) I'm just nitpicking though. great job senzo.