Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CurVez
  • 1 Post By Raymond

Thread: parkour fail (short)

parkour fail (short)

as you can see he bitch slaps him self.

Usually, newcomers use low FPS. but you ... you funny fellow.
    In this high setting, problems like shakyness and flow are very hard to avoid. And the length of the anim can be damn short as here : not even one second.

I would say 16-19 FPS is good enough in quality, and nicer to us beginners IMO.

Tychus Findlay

Quote Originally Posted by CurVez View Post

as you can see he bitch slaps him self.
    Are you new to pivot? It wasn't terrible, but it could of been a lot better. My main advice is to follow each joint (knees, elbows, feet, hands, back joints, etc) and make sure they all follow a stead path. By steady path I mean even spacing each frame. Make sure it doesn't go from spacing like this |------| to spacing like this |-| and then back to the original larger spacing |------| within the span of 3 frames. That is what makes your limbs look shaky. They need to move at a constant speed, unless they're being slowed down in order to stop, or sped up then you would increase the spacing.

TL;DR - Once the limb is moving, try not to make drastic changes in spacing each frame. Keep it constant.

Other than that it looks ok. Good job for one of your firsts.

is this better?
    Espio likes this.

:/ for me animating with 24 is min cause if i go below its not smooth anymore

Tychus Findlay

is this better?
    Actually that is a lot better! For the most part you fixed the issue with shakiness and kept the limbs at a constant speed (unless they were slowing down). Balance is an issue in this new animation though. You were probably just having fun with it, but the fact that he uses 1 hand is a little un-believeable. Also his legs sort of split while he's in the hand stand position, which would normally cause someone to fall. Still it's an animation and I know you were probably just having fun with it. So good improvement man. I can notice a difference.

Yeah you're working pretty hard on it, that's impressive.

This one is better ... but there is stiffness on the back, on the knees, and there is that foot that magically moves on the ground while sustaining a body keep your foot placement right

Tychus Findlay

:/ for me animating with 24 is min cause if i go below its not smooth anymore
    You might want to start off with something a little less intensive. All those frames require more refined poses, leaving more room for error. I would start off using between 17-19 fps. That's what I've used since the beginning and I haven't had much trouble getting it to look smooth. It is a bit more choppy since there's less frames, but if the motion paths all follow through then it's not going to look all jumpy or anything. It's also quicker to pump out a longer animation with a lower frame rate. Just my suggestion though, you can use whatever frame rate you feel comfortable with.
    Espio likes this.